Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: !warning !

THE FOLLOWING FILE SIZES ARE I. P TRAP. i know this because my i. p blocker has stopped connection to the files and i have checked the users for ALL FILE SIZES LISTED HERE AND IT THE SAME USERS FOR ALL THE FILES............

753 371
    744 233
    744 023
    742 181
    741 470
    717 304

AND THE SAME WAS FOUND FOR TOMB RAIDER 1. SAME USERS THAT MATCH EXACTLY FOR THESE FILE SIZES.

731 627
    729 222
    719 545

i will be posting this on all of the boards if any one can add to this please feel free to do so. one of the files (717 304) is listed as a verified on http://www.fasttrackmovies.com/listings.asp?L=L

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent
    i have no idea what you just said. I.P trap??? what the heck is that? explain a little

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 August 2003 - 18:47
    i have no idea what you just said. I.P trap??? what the heck is that? explain a little
    It is when your i.p address is loged and you get done for downloading copyrighted material .

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Double Agent
    logged by what? by who? how? by kazaa??

I need full stories ppl

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Double Agent
    you mean the files as trojans? making internet connection to some server without your consent??

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 August 2003 - 18:55
    logged by what? by who? how? by kazaa??

I need full stories ppl
    have you not heard of RIAA ????

heres a link about them

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/print.php/2175901

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Why did you make more than one post about this?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Double Agent
    no man you didn't answer my question

i am asking simon to clarify his post regarding the IP Trap, which I interpret as files acting like trojans reporting your IP to the RIAA??!!

Right, simon??

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    The RIAA only have an interest in music, not movies. The equivalent body for the film industry is the MPAA.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 August 2003 - 19:38
    no man you didn't answer my question

i am asking simon to clarify his post regarding the IP Trap, which I interpret as files acting like trojans reporting your IP to the RIAA??!!

Right, simon??
    heres how i believe it works ... you connect to a user to download a file, your computer gives your i. p address to the computer with the file you want so it knows where to send the file to. riaa and movie company's set up accounts and when you connect to an account used by them they have your i. p address, then they contact your internet service provider and get you details from them, usually you will get a warning, but they do take people to court in the usa, the fines can be very large..

i hope this answers your question.

the i. p trap refers to a fake account you connect to download a file, by connecting to that account you are attempting to download copyrighted files.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast