Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No Community Reps Means You Can Trade Everything!

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperator View Post
    1 question

What FST staff thinks about trading invites / accounts, or giving away invites ?

Im asking this to

Skizo, RealitY, KFlint, Detale

im just Curious
    i remember CR agreement said something like this:

We recognize that account trading are problem but invite trading isn't. If members of one site is rewarded with invite, it's obvious that some desire to trade it to get into different site.

So i think that is what they think?

But i am sure they don't mind trading at all (invite or account)...and that is why they are allowed here

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    But i am sure they don't mind trading at all (invite or account)...and that is why they are allowed here
    I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I can assure you, none of the 4 mentioned look with good eyes trading... invites or accounts.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 02-19-2008 at 12:35 AM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    hahaha, good one

there ain't no trader in the staff as far as i know

giving away invites or trading invites is roughly the same thing, you let stranger join a tracker. But at least, this way, you remain responsible for who you invited, so while i understand why trackers don't like it, i believe that's a not a major concern.

on the other side, account trading can lead to multiple problems, including cheating (to buffer account and trade it), scamming, false representation on a tracker etc...for some reasons, some trackers aren't preoccupied by that while other are

think i don't have to tell which one is worst

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLured View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TP635 View Post
    This is in deed very strange: the same group of people all condemn a ratio cheater. A cheater break tracker's rule. But those same group of people see it as their right to break other section of the same tracker's rule: treading account, threading invite.

No one here will ever openly support a ratio cheater; yet we find a lot of support for members to break the rule of tracker on account trading and invite trading.

Just an observation.
    Hmm, questionable logic Hating cheaters but not traders is not necessarily hypocritical. Take me for example: I think cheaters suck, but not because they break tracker rules. I hate them because cheating is inherently dishonest - they take without giving (which goes against the whole ethos of bittorrent and file-sharing) and they lie about how much (or how little) they share. I also hate them because if I trade/give an invite to someone who then falsifies their ratio, it puts me at risk of getting banned from the tracker. Trading is arguably OK, if done responsibly and honestly, but ratio cheating is never justifiable.
    Both acts break trackers rule and will lead to a ban. I don't see it being illogical. A cheater will be able to justify his act and so will n illegal account treader.

I am not hating any group for such act; I am only stating it as an observation. You said you hate cheaters; fair enough. But there will be people who will disassociate them self from you because you are are illegal account treader. And that you have to accepts. There will be people who go further as to hate you.
    Last edited by TP635; 02-19-2008 at 12:44 AM.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    giving away invites or trading invites is roughly the same thing, you let stranger join a tracker. But at least, this way, you remain responsible for who you invited, so while i understand why trackers don't like it, i believe that's a not a major concern.

on the other side, account trading can lead to multiple problems, including cheating (to buffer account and trade it), scamming, false representation on a tracker etc...for some reasons, some trackers aren't preoccupied by that while other are

think i don't have to tell which one is worst
    Something i failed to realize when i was doing giveaway's (Which i don't anymore after losing my what.cd and pro wrestling torrents accounts for doing invite giveaway's on fst) Giving them away and trading them is basically the same thing (when it's being given to somebody you don't know). I agree with KFlint on this also, I have learned alot more about the BT world, rules, how things work, that i didn't know since November 2007.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I hope that now when no trackers get special preference, staff here will allow staff at sites to do anything and everything in their power, to disable account traders and people who giveaway accounts where the tracker doesn't allow it.

That would make the new com-rep free FST even better than it was before.

As for people replying to trading/giveaway threads that it is not allowed due to tracker rules, I would think it has a positive effect on many of the newer members here that might not know this, and could make for a change of heart when it comes to trading, accepting accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    They maybe dont like trading, but trading is what keeps this section on the top and alive. So they just mind their own a**es and dont care much about tracker rules.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    account trading can lead to multiple problems, including cheating (to buffer account and trade it), scamming, false representation on a tracker etc...for some reasons, some trackers aren't preoccupied by that while other are
    Agreed.

It seems everyone in their right senses agree that account trading is wrong, so why not take this opportunity of a change in FST policies towards trackers and make FST even better by doing that long awaited step and disallowing account trading? I mean, the circumstances have changed and there is nothing more to gain for FST users; before the change one could argue that FST users gained an extra benefit of being able to trade invites freely according to the ComReps agreement, but now that that's irrelevant why keep supporting a thing which only hurts the BT community and achieves nothing?
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    In answer to the OP and others yes exactly , the removal of CR status means you can trade anything you desire, but I think you wll find the reverse is true, because of this the trackers will toughen up their invite rules even more making it more difficult rather than easier to join these communities. I think that you will find staff members far less understanding of the zomg my a/c has been stolen when your traded a/c gets scammed too. Also of course since invite giveaways are clearly against most tracker rules you will see more bans coming through now for giveaways since the comm reps and therefore those agreements have been revoked.
    In the big picture though outside of this forum in the BT community in general, this will bring about a hardening of tracker rules since the rules of the invite section here on FST are against the rules of the trackers you wish to belong to. We have already seen in the last month one of the most respected trackers ftn completely remove invites and even two of the newer sites have also made a similar move to prevent invite trading, this is only going to continue becasue the sites you want to belong to do not want you to trade their invites, let alone the a/c's that everyone will try to trade now, all this does is hurt the community and bring about a stiffening of the rules.
    On the upside of course Kflint can now now nail all the little gl +1 spamzores to his hearts content and all the others who spam the invite section.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Nooooooo now the forum is going to be a big chaos. People are going to start skeeming and evertytihng..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast