Thread: Iomega flash drive problem

threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12

Question Mark

Hi all, my dad has an iomega 6gb flash drive/mini hard drive/whatever you call em (anyone who has seen me post before knows that I am not technical at all!). BUT it will not work on his PC. So i tried it on my laptop and it works. I tried it on his laptop and it works.

But on his PC, it says that it is not recognised. So i went into device manager and looked at the USB part. It is a VIA Rev 5 thingy. On my laptop, it is some Intel USB thingy and so is my dad's lappy. So is it a problem with VIA Rev 5? I have had a look for driver updates for the Via Rev 5 but all I can find is a lower number than what is already on there and I assume the higher the version number, the newer the driver. E.g. 2006.1106 is older than 2006.2100 (can't remember the exact numbers!)

So is there anything I can do? Other things work in the usb, such as memory sticks and the ipod etc but not this flash drive...I have been on the iomega website but no mention of conflicts. Anyways, I am losing myself now, so I'll shut it and hope for help

Thanks in advance, threelions

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    backlash's Avatar usenet lover
    what is the OS of your dad's computer?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    windows xp...professional I think