Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound Card!

i am thinking of buying a new sound card, i got onboard sound (u know that standred sound which comes with motherboard), i was just wondering do i need to disable the onboard sound in order to run (work) the new sound card if yes how would u do that!!!!!!!!!

which is the best sound card (which company makes the best sound cards)!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    yeh go into bios and disable on board sound and possibly game port if new sound card not got 1, on subject of cards.. Hercules cards v good value for money and top spec for under £50, but if you like ya labels then soundblaster audigy platinum (£150&#33 is bout the best you can get.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    thanks 4 replying so soon. i am not very good with Bios (bios has always been my weak point in computing) and instructions, websites or screenshots would help alot but thats like asking to much!!!!!!!!!!!!

one question

will the new soundcard work if i dont disable the onboard sound!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    probably not, a lot of programs ie dvd software or media player tie in with ya sound and if you got 2 sound ports it will just cause issues, also windows will need to allocate an "IRQ" for the new sound card and it will probably conflict with the onboard sound. what motherboard you got in ya pc? also when ya pc first boots up it will say either amibios ver *** or award bios ver **** at bottom of screen, hold down a key when its booting up and that page should stay up so you can right it down, i will be able to give you step by step instr for your bios if you give me the numbers, but ya motherboard manufacturer and version should be enough to go on for now

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mtother

Asus A7V333
    AMD Athlon XP/ Athlon CPU
    S/PDIF-in/-out interface (optional)
    RAID ATA133 (optional) (VIA KT333)(DDR333)
    ASUS POST Reporter
    ASUS myLogo
    USB 2.0

and also on the box says
    DESIGNED FOR EXTREME PERFORMANCE

thats all it says on the box anyway if ya need more info, let me know!!!!!!!!!!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    right here goes.... on start hit delete, main bios page will come up and blue menu bar at top will say MAIN ADVANCED POWER BOOT EXIT. now using right arrow key over to "ADVANCED" enter, arrow down to "PCI CONFIG" enter, then arrow down to "PCI DEVICES CONTROL" it will say ONBOARD PCI AUDIO press enter and arrow or page up/down to disable, enter now hit F10 and it will say save blah and exit? hit enter or y whatever the option is and it will restart, now power down install your new sound card, power up, wait for windows to find it and then either use windows driver or install driver from the disc supplied, usually better than windows driver, if you got xp and it says driver not verified just continue, wot does microsoft kno! hope that helps.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    thanks for the insturtions but my motherborad didnt have that disadling onboard sound option i had to do on the motherboard by changing the jumper from enable to disable.

well i have installed the new sound card (creative blaster Live 5.1) and its working fine as well but the problem is that i cant install any programs which comes with the hardware (creative CD) because it says

SETUP COULD NOT FIND ANY SOUND BLASTER AUDIO CARD IN YOUR SYSTEM.
    PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR SOUND BLASTER HARDWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED BEFORE RUNNING THIS SETUP PROGRAM.

well i know its installed fine cos i can hear the sound etc but why it wouldnt let me run the setup. do i need to make some sort of changes from Bios or something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    creative lab makes good sound cards...

i got something creative lab .... 5.1 cost 33 dollars for OEM

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Makaveli-tha-don@2 August 2003 - 23:12
    thanks for the insturtions but my motherborad didnt have that disadling onboard sound option i had to do on the motherboard by changing the jumper from enable to disable.

well i have installed the new sound card (creative blaster Live 5.1) and its working fine as well but the problem is that i cant install any programs which comes with the hardware (creative CD) because it says

SETUP COULD NOT FIND ANY SOUND BLASTER AUDIO CARD IN YOUR SYSTEM.
    PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOUR SOUND BLASTER HARDWARE IS PROPERLY INSTALLED BEFORE RUNNING THIS SETUP PROGRAM.

well i know its installed fine cos i can hear the sound etc but why it wouldnt let me run the setup. do i need to make some sort of changes from Bios or something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me know
    Does it show up in your device manager.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Does it show up in your device manager.
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast