Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best P2P Music App?

Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post
    Sorry, this isn't about having my mind made up. I'm old school, I've been around since this all started, and I've used most of the old school names, that's why I said no on emule because I know for a fact it's not the best for music.

Now as far as using every application, no I haven't but I've used a lot, therefore my reply back.

SORRY for any confusion, I'm just looking for feedback on what I don't know...

Dr. damn iMesh remember those days? Back then iMesh was killer, just like emule when it had it's start. Many p2p appz are great in the beginning. I remember when Kazaa first started I could download movies off of it with blazing speed and there wasn't a virus to be found anywhere. Fasttrack did mean a day long ago the FAST Track...

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Soulseek is great.
    Yeah I will have to give it a go again.

Blubster that's a name I almost forgot, how is it doing?

THANKS
    Blubster/Piolet/whatever the third name was for it is dead. Just use Frostwire. There's nothing new out there, there hasn't been a big push for development of these since torrents went big.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    OK I know when this was all starting there were some P2P apps just for music, maybe that was Blubster, I can't remember, so I wasn't sure if much has changed over the years.

THANKS

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    OK I know when this was all starting there were some P2P apps just for music, maybe that was Blubster, I can't remember, so I wasn't sure if much has changed over the years.

THANKS
    audiogalaxy - dead
    piolet - dead
    winmx - dead (for the most part, anyway)
    aimster - dead
    kazaa/fasttrack - not dead, but might as well be
    limewire/gnutella - not bad, but tons of fakes on the top 40 stuff
    ares, soulseek, etc - not bad, but not much selection either

I think that covers just about everything.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    typeoholic's Avatar Poster
    soulseek is the best app if you are going to use the nontorrent method. there are 2 different servers that soulseek uses, but there's not much that you cannot find on there.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    soulseek is the best app if you are going to use the nontorrent method. there are 2 different servers that soulseek uses, but there's not much that you cannot find on there.
    Say what?

Not much that cannot find what?

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i use soulseek and i am satisfied with it

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Soulseek by a brazzilion miles.
    Now go away.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    I will definitely give Soulseek a go again...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    OK let's see which one is the best. Limewire/Frostwire don't have it. They come up with fake downloads. I'm looking for:

Salvatore Casandro - Que no me frena una razón

Oh yeah I remember back in the days. Audiogalaxy and Napster was all that was needed for music.
    Last edited by saulin; 02-23-2008 at 10:33 AM.

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Blubster that's a name I almost forgot, how is it doing?
    Actually, MP2P isn't dead - that's the network Blubster and Piolet use.

I can still fire it up and it would connect in some seconds, and I can also find new mainstream music there and download with decent speed. Anyway, development has completely stopped, and without configuring your router if you have one, it will not be able to connect. Also I found out that the program somehow contacts a server continously, I just blocked it out with PeerGurdian and it also stopped contacting after a few times failing, but I'm not sure what this should be for. The official Blubster is contaminated with malware, I even suspect it to have installed a rootkit on my one notebook where I installed it - if you want to try the network, you should use the clean Piolet Beta 1.8.3, or Clean Blubster by Dr.Damn.

Morpheus is another one of those that are doomed to decline with the time, as the company now needs to deliver it with filters and I don't know if there has been significant development. At the moment, an older Morpheus Ultra is working pretty good for single MP3 purposes, it uses some Kademlia-like NeoNetwork to find hosts. You can find plenty mainstream content, and also download with good speeds - also there isn't much spam, although for that unspammed experience you need to eliminate Gnutella1&2 support of the client. If you're interested in trying Morpheus, I can upload the package with unfiltered client plus a Loader to be able to launch the Ultra version.

And yeah, the development of Napster-style fileswapping utilities is sleeping since some time, like nsap already noted.
    LimeWire is keeping it up, Shareaza also didn't completely stop, Ares has as well been updated a while ago.
    eMule is still working very good, Soulseek is special like it always was. But most applications from the p2p hype are fading away.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast