Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All my torrents just disappeared from Utorrent! -Please help

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8

Surprised/Amazed

Hi all. My computer froze and I had to shut it down via the power button. When I restarted UTorrent, all of my torrents were gone. The data is still in my external harddrive, but there are zero torrents in UTorrent. Is there a way to reassociate the torrents into UTorrent without having to redownload the torrents? Thanks so much for the help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Do you still have the .torrent files on your computer? If you do, then all you need to do is load those files back into uTorrent and tell it where to find the files associated with each .torrent file. A little time consuming if you have a lot, but that's the only way I can think of to get them back...
    Last edited by maddoma; 02-19-2008 at 04:11 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    look under your app data folder

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    it could be as simple as making sure the tab on the side says all and not downloading or inactive.
    that happen to me, some how the tab got switched

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    it could be as simple as making sure the tab on the side says all and not downloading or inactive.
    that happen to me, some how the tab got switched
    I always overlook the simple answers, this advice is a good place to start!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Thanks all for the replies. I made sure that the correct category was selected on the side tab. I still have the torrent files in my app data folder, but to load them back takes forever because I'm having to recheck very large data sets (4-45gb). Even my categories disappeared!! Any idea what happened?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    It happens in utorrent if it's closed unexpectedly then it loses the torrent information. Not sure if there is a way to protect that.

As said the best way is to load the torrent files from App Data folder and give them the correct path where the actual downloaded/ Incomplete files are.
    Last edited by rocky1234; 02-19-2008 at 05:45 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    The same happened to me last time. Win crashed, after restart all torrents dissapered. unfortunately there is no way to get it back. you have to do it manually. best way to avoid these kind of things is to ocasionally make backup of utorrent folder that can find in docs and settings/application data. after crash if you copy those files back all the settings will remain.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Sentry's Avatar Nosy Mangabe
    Next time it happens (I don't wish it but IF) don't shut it down with power but try RESET first. Also don't start uTorrent immediately after the crash, you might be able to salvage some information from the "resume.old" file so back that up before you start uTorrent.(You should have some hex-edit knowledge though). The groups and rest settings are in the settings.dat and these two files are the first casualties, not much you can do with that.
    Good luck.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    What version of utorrent do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by yellomello View Post
    Hi all. My computer froze and I had to shut it down via the power button. When I restarted UTorrent, all of my torrents were gone. The data is still in my external harddrive, but there are zero torrents in UTorrent. Is there a way to reassociate the torrents into UTorrent without having to redownload the torrents? Thanks so much for the help.
    Live long and prosper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast