Thread: When Seeding What's With Leechers Coming And Going?

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I'm using uTorrnet, and I wanted to know with regards to Broadband leechers when I see them downloading off of me under the 'Peers' tab, and they are constantly popping in and out, what is really with this? The reason I say Broadband leechers is because no one on dialup is going to download at 35k, and higher...

Now I have an 8MB line so I can feed a bit back...

I was just seeding to someone at like 35k a leecher that was only 35% of downloading, and then just disappeared and was no longer seen again to seed to.

I just don't get with regards to leechers and seeders on broadband connections what is with all the instability of leechers bouncing back and forth.

Also I've noticed at times if I right click on a torrent and update the tracker I will get a seed starting, which seems odd to have to keep doing to keep seeds alive.

As far as I can tell I have nothing wrong with my settings, but here they are:

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?i...4296122pq3.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8803913kw3.jpg

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?i...6758415bj8.jpg

This setting is on 50 because I have the TCPIP.sys patched:

http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?i...8183431wm2.jpg

I also have the XP SP2 firewall off to eliminate any packet filtering, but I also have a router/firewall but the port is open.

I just wish I could figure out how to keep stable seeds going on without all the peers jumping in and out that are downloading....

THANKS

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    the leechers grabs the bits from the guys in the swarm who gives them the fastest speeds.. if I leech a couple of pieces from you and then a new guy arrives with faster connection i would move over to him, etc.... a bit simplified but that's the basics. this means that if you have a slow connection you will have a hard time seeding when too many fast peers have joined the swarm.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    the leechers grabs the bits from the guys in the swarm who gives them the fastest speeds.. if I leech a couple of pieces from you and then a new guy arrives with faster connection i would move over to him, etc.... a bit simplified but that's the basics. this means that if you have a slow connection you will have a hard time seeding when too many fast peers have joined the swarm.
    Yes I understand this, but I have an 8MB line, I don't consider this to be slow.

I mean come on an 8MB line is faster then a T2, this isn't exactly chump speeds here, LOL...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    well, leechers won't be leeching 24/ 7. I mean, in time they have to close torrent and thus they will disappear from the list. Does that answer your question?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    some goes to launch and some has meetings with other pirates to attend.
    they won't stay all day leeching.you know

For Serving Community

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Actually I think the problem was and I wasn't paying attention was a TV series broken up into like 7 episodes to download and most likely peeps only grabbing the parts they wanted.

THANKS guys...