Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule - Kazaa - Mirc

hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    I've been searching Kazaa for a program:

(Installshield 8.1) for months, then I decide to try emule and it finds like 300 sources.

Do people on Kazaa not like to share as much?

How is it that I can't find 1 in Kazaa, but over 300 in emule?

Different scene?

Do software "warez" / "pirates" think kazaa is too mainstream to share with?

Just wondering..

Thanks

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I found e-mule to be excellent for lots of things that you cannot find sources on kazaa!
    Some people say it's slow and it is at first but give it a few days and it's quite good!
    But then again i find kazza slow when it can't find any sources!!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Originally posted by hey_suburbia@1 August 2003 - 20:48

Warez groups just dont want noobs downloading their shit, 99% of these groups hate p2p programs such as kazza, emule bit torrent etc. If you dont know how to get it then you dont deserve to get it.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Most users of p2p (or perhaps just most Kazaa users) only use one p2p program regularly. Since a network only has the files its users bring in, even when a file gets spread all over one network it might not spread very much on the others.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    BILLY-THE-FISH Posted on 1 August 2003 - 14:55

Some people say it's slow and it is at first but give it a few days and it's quite good!
    Sure, I'll just wait a few days for that one, 5 MB mp3, file I really want!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    bones_1284
    I have found kazaa to be quite good for mp3's and small videos and tv shows. But absolutely terrible for software.
    Sure there is some software from kazaa that works fine but not alot.

For software i've found emule to be awesome u can find just about anything in the way of software - although it might be slower than kazaa a slow file is better than no file - there are some tricks to getting better speed that work for larger files. But small stuff like the stuff i said kazaa was good for is not very good on emule far to slow in comparison and not as much of it.

Hope that helps.

EDIT : After re-reading your post i realised i didn't at all answer your question just restated wat you probably already knew. As for WHY this is the case i don't really know

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    When it comes to software your an ass if you KaZaa, to much malicious code, this is no place for a release group to even TRY to bother spreadin their stuff. I recently searched an app to see that the one with most sources, 750 plus, which was a version that didn't exsist yet, was a worm. I don't use eMule anymore since I started using Shareaza which has eMule, Bittorent, G1 and G2 all in one with a nice IP Blocker. ShareReactor.com is the place to be, and there is no KaZaa Hash site like it yet, especially for software. Although KaZaa is still good, and usulayy faster for media files.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by ransom+2 August 2003 - 05:04--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ransom @ 2 August 2003 - 05:04)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hey_suburbia@1 August 2003 - 20:48

Warez groups just dont want noobs downloading their shit, 99% of these groups hate p2p programs such as kazza, emule bit torrent etc. If you dont know how to get it then you dont deserve to get it. [/b][/quote]
    Thats not true.

You should go and check out the forums at sharereactor.com and you will see alot of groups release staright to emule.

Try loosing your attitude problem.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by REALITY@2 August 2003 - 08:29
    ShareReactor.com is the place to be, and there is no KaZaa Hash site like it yet, especially for software.
    fasttrackmovies.com and verifieddownloads.com(the guy who runs this site though trolls other sites nicking verified hash&#39;s and not giving credit).

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    One of the few things Kazaa is weak in is software. Try Bittorrent, thats great for games and some apps.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast