Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do "boot Camps" (courtesy Of S. J. Raphael.)

Poster
    Or is it the American parents' choice.

To Abuse their CHILDREN by proxy

Neil.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky
    If ya tell me what a Boot camp is, i might give ya an answer!

I am trying to expand my worldly knowldge - help a mouse out!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by WeeMouse@1 August 2003 - 22:05
    If ya tell me what a Boot camp is, i might give ya an answer!

I am trying to expand my worldly knowldge - help a mouse out!
    A "Boot Camp" is a loophole in American law where a parent can send a "Disfunctional" chilt to a military style 2Camp" with tents and a lot of grown mwn who scream and shout at (9yr old girls in order to break their "SPIRIT")

Oh how proud their mothers must be.

Does anyone want to use that as a chatup line..

Neil

Typo

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    that's child abuse that is, treat kids with compassion and love and mercy etc,not with force,do you think your kids would love you after you send them to the camps??

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Boot camps are what people who enlist into the military go to...

"Send My Child To Boot Camp" on Sally-Jessy isn't what real boot camps are like.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    WeeMouse's Avatar Small and Squeaky

Damn that sounds nasty!

OK - they're not nice then! Who would ever talk to their parents' again if they were sent on one of those?

Do you get diffrent kinds, like a boot camp for recovering druggies or teenage delinquents?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Bootcamps build character and occasionaly turn loafers into responsible citizens. Unfortunately, too many people are blinded by political correctness to see those benefits.

What would you do with a 13 year old daughter who refused to comply with simple household rules? Who calls 911 at the slightest suggestion that she should wash dishes or make a bed. Who prostitutes for her boyfriend's alcohol and drug habit.

No, you can't discipline a child like that, it isn't allowed. All you can do is wait for some judge to see the seriousness of the situation and hopefully take strong action.

At least keep them busy untill their brains have developed a bit more.

(hopefully)

There's nothing wrong with breaking the wrong spirit. It's a parents duty to try and keep the path correct. When that path is corrupted by illlusion and confusion, truly evil spirits can develop.
    Would you wait for better times and hope you or someone else doesn't wake up with a knife in the chest when the attitude goes too far?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by balamm@2 August 2003 - 11:15
    Bootcamps build character and occasionaly turn loafers into responsible citizens. Unfortunately, too many people are blinded by political correctness to see those benefits.

What would you do with a 13 year old daughter who refused to comply with simple household rules? Who calls 911 at the slightest suggestion that she should wash dishes or make a bed. Who prostitutes for her boyfriend's alcohol and drug habit.

No, you can't discipline a child like that, it isn't allowed. All you can do is wait for some judge to see the seriousness of the situation and hopefully take strong action.

At least keep them busy untill their brains have developed a bit more.

(hopefully)

There's nothing wrong with breaking the wrong spirit. It's a parents duty to try and keep the path correct. When that path is corrupted by illlusion and confusion, truly evil spirits can develop.
    Would you wait for better times and hope you or someone else doesn't wake up with a knife in the chest when the attitude goes too far?
    Tough love.

Well said, Balamm
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    The way I look at it is Balaam.

Boot camp supporters should ask themselves this question

If I did that job and I meet a girl in a pub, would I tell her what I did?

And balaam if you think bullying a child till He/She breaks and then telling Him/Her "You did great" Builds character then your point of view has to come from an unintelligent upbrinning

Where the genepool is but a mule ride down the mountain.

Apart from the fact that "Boot Camps" are illegal in the United Kingdom for more reasons than anyone would care to list.

Neil.

Edit : Maybe now I deserve to be on your shit list.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Didnt Dr Spock admit he was wrong?

A child needs to know and understand where the line is drawn, and must know he/she'll be punished for crossing it.

The UK seems to think that sending dilinquent kids on holiday as a punishment is the right idea. Bullshit. It teaches them that they get REWARDED for doing wrong.

If they had been doing stuff like that when i'd been growing up, i assure you i would have been shoplifting and vandalising too....I could have done with a few holidays

They also need to be appreciated when they do good. THIS also seems to be missing in society...recognition and praise when something is done well.

Neither punishment nor praise will work by themselves, they must be used together and consistantly.

Above all, kids should be loved....and KNOW they are loved.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast