Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mods - Please stop commenting then locking threads

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeloftime View Post
    This is the sort of thing I am talking about:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...g-278891/page8

It really annoys me when staff here post a controversial comment in a thread and then lock the thread so that no-one can reply.

This is a discussion forum, so why lock threads members are still actively using? I can understand it if members are just flaming each other, but a lot of the time threads are locked simply because a staff member holds a different opinion to the ones being aired in a thread. I would have thought that the criteria for a good forum was that a wide variety of opinions are aired so that members can hear all sides of any discussion.

I have no problem with staff here posting their opinions in any thread, I think it is healthy but posting and then 'getting the last word' by closing the thread really gets on my nerves.

IMO the only threads that need closing are those that are getting too heated or break FST rules, I can't see any other valid reason for locking threads in this section.
    You want to know something? I don't go against mods express wishes so asking them to not close the thread will probably not be honored(They are the authority figures and we are not). But i'm glad you made this topic. I felt Skizo took a cheapshot at me (Everyone knows my views and i guess to some, ranting about anti trading can be annoying). So i won't take great offense to his comment, cause i get annoyed by things as well(It's human nature and everyone has a right to their opinion), just sometimes i don't always speak on them.

I kinda wish i could of done a rebuttal in that thread, but unfortunately the mods are of a higher power(Much will not be done i'm afraid). Also for me replying my personal opinion in this thread may leave some to dislike me(Or even more then they already do).

This is a public forum though and not everyone will agree or get along with particular individuals on this board, in real life, in a working environment (Co-Workers). Just have to deal with it.

Wheeloftime the real reason that thread got closed was due to bikernins sneaky little evil dr grimm comments that got deleted, and me and sputnik going back in forth(I shouldn't of lowered myself to another persons level, but did, out of self defense, which really should of been ignored) which sometimes can be irritating to other fst members who are not viewing certain topics to read other fst members bicker amongest each other. You have to learn to deal with it. You wont always like your boss or co-workers you deal with, but as long as your employed or apart of that company you'll have to just kick rocks and deal with it. Also in that thread i think everything was answered multiple times as well, going back and viewing it. As far as Skizo saying what he said(It could be me reading into it a little too much as well, we all have faults, nobody is perfect).
    Last edited by grimms; 02-20-2008 at 09:47 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    skizo cut the bullshit, you(the mods) are afraid from us*(see note), admit it!

us* the meanning of "us" can be also "ass"

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Usually you can see why a thread has been locked in the bt section, waaay off topic, spamfest etc, but in the case of that particular thread it was on track there was still healthy discussion and only two members had spammed the thread, and that had been earlier in the discussion, so I for one also would like to know why that thread was locked?

It is the same thread that was locked by Kflint that I am referring to btw:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...g-278891/page8

I do believe that this was a constructive thread, and unlike others had not veered away from the original intent ? Also many staff members had given their opinion in this thread something I had not seen before since the CR status was revoked here, and as such this thread was very informative.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by typeoholic View Post
    I don't see the point in arguing with staff/mods. If you think they are abusing their powers, then report them to the site admin. And personally, I haven't seen one single staff member out of line here yet. I've been a moderator on a top site for 2+ years and dealing with childish actions isn't always as pleasant as most of you would like to think it is. Staff are not here to harass you; they are simply here to enforce the rules set by administration, to provide assistance wherever possible and to ensure everyone gets along peacefully. You can always try PMing that particular staff member and politely inquiring. Respect goes a long way on the internet, just as in the real world.
    Good point as well, and noticed what skizo said in his post, So i will apologize for thinking that skizo unlocked and relocked the thread to comment(Keyword to comment not for actually locking thread, thats THEIR job if its warranted to do so). Whether it was cheapshot or not really doesn't matter. Mods and admins are here to monitor us and make sure things don't get too out of hand. I also try to limit what i say from getting out of hand and honestly think KFlint locked the thread due to me, sputnik, and bikernin comments which were really not needed and I apologize only to the fst members that were viewing to read suitable content related to the thread topic.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    I also try to limit what i say from getting out of hand and honestly think KFlint locked the thread due to me, sputnik, and bikernin comments which were really not needed and I apologize only to the fst members that were viewing to read suitable content related to the thread topic.
    exactly, though i don't think anyone deserve a blame or anything, but it was starting to be a little bit aggressive and i thought it was time to lock it

those threads are fertile soil for flaming between traders and anti-traders and i think not going get out of it after a certain time

maybe it's a mistake, i don't know

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    KFlint don't second guess your judgement. It was a terrific thread, but me, sputnik, and bikernin trying to play devils advocate(verring more towards bashing me, not saying i'm a saint, guess i'm not) ruined it. I do apologize on my part and thought it was a terrific thread but got spoiled I do apologize you all.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    KFlint don't second guess your judgement. It was a terrific thread, but me, sputnik, and bikernin trying to play devils advocate(verring more towards bashing me, not saying i'm a saint, guess i'm not) ruined it. I do apologize on my part and thought it was a terrific thread but got spoiled I do apologize you all.
    It's just a thread, dude.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by krunktastic View Post
    It's just a thread, dude.
    Guess i'm really a n00b to not think that then. I just like to convey my point, even if it's harmful to me. I know i'm not always innocent, also i'm not always at fault either. Do feel like i owe an apologize if a mod has to close a thread due to members diverging off topic and i was one of them so i'm just stating my own apologies (80% don't care and the other 20% just don't want anything to be acknowledged i guess).
    Last edited by grimms; 02-20-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    You needn't be ashamed, Grimms...But say, You are some fast judge...
    A malis vituperari laus est.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    there was no need to reopen that thread =/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast