• Yes

18 18.56%
  • No

32 32.99%
  • Wtf are you talking about ?

47 48.45%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The ftn fsc Userbar Phenomenom

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    userbars never give me a higher or lower opinion of the people using them, or not using them. Its the people that have requests all or most of the top lvl sites in their sig that annoy me...

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    The ones that really piss me off are userbars and hugging icons for sites that prefer to remain discreet. If these people are so proud to be a member why are they going against the wishes of the site?

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    It's only an ego thing. ppl think they'll get more respect if their showing how they are members of this and that, which is obviously wrong...

so I concur with Artemis...
    TRG ftw, my one and only userbar
    Last edited by KFlint; 02-20-2008 at 11:39 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    G-Force's Avatar Retired BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Each to there own i guess, mine just represents where i hang out most.
    http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/3821/fsc1bc9am5.png

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I no longer use them as well. You'll have members that pm you for invites, dispise you, kiss your ass and fluff your ego(Thinking it will help them, and you'll invite them one day), pm you about how to get in and fake be your friend until they get that invite(True story), it just tends to warrant unwanted attention most of the time. Also some people take it as you bragging to them(I don't entirely agree with that, but perception can be a bitch). I eventually learned that and removed my userbar sigs(Others may think entirely different).
    Last edited by grimms; 02-20-2008 at 11:51 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Chill Sam, there's no need to shout. I'm quite aware of who DV8 is and have tons of respect for him, both for what he's done for the site he represents and the way he conducts himself here. Having said that, you have to acknowledge that if someone goes around with a huge logo advertising his site he can hardly complain about people using his site's userbar in their sig.
    Let me clarify

-I have no problem with users using usebars (how do you like that one ) if they are proud of the site and actually participate at that site(s). The issue is with members who have usebars as a status symbol, they are not part of the community....they might be a member of the site but they do not represent them cuz their voice is not heard. They dont have any sort of pride or honor in that site, its a commodity to them.

I have my sig not because im trying 'show off' or as a status symbol but because i care about the [Fight Club] >> i spend time making it a better place, i think about its users. Ive spent countless hours helping the site i represent and my sig is a symbol of that.

There are people with userbars in there sig that do not even know what it means to be a member of that site. They do not participate and should not be faking the 'pride' they have for the site. Usebars for the sake of showing off.....I cant and dont respect that
    Proud Member of:

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    DV8 IS A STAFF MEMBER
    He has every right to put the userbar and above that he is a great asset in our beloved community.
    Chill Sam, there's no need to shout. I'm quite aware of who DV8 is and have tons of respect for him, both for what he's done for the site he represents and the way he conducts himself here. Having said that, you have to acknowledge that if someone goes around with a huge logo advertising his site he can hardly complain about people using his site's userbar in their sig.
    LOL, Sam shouting using caps lock!?!?

o hai

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by Totti View Post
    Ok so i've noticed something if a user has an ftn or fsc userbar in their profile when ever they make requests they are "trusted users" or have contributed allot to the forum regardless of the number of posts bt reps ect.... im not saying that they haven't contributed it's just that it seems that users tend to exaggerate if they see a user of one of those sites or a few other "top lvl" sites please correct me if wrong just a remark of mine dont want to get allot of heat because of this......
    SRORY BUT MY UESBRAR/S TLALY UP BGIEGR EPEINS TAHN FTN AND FSC UESBRAR TGOTEHER

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Personaly i like my boastful userbar. Ya, it may be kinda cocky putting a level 13 tracker on my userbar but hey. When you got it flaunt it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by DV8type View Post
    Let me clarify

-I have no problem with users using usebars (how do you like that one ) if they are proud of the site and actually participate at that site(s). The issue is with members who have usebars as a status symbol, they are not part of the community....they might be a member of the site but they do not represent them cuz their voice is not heard. They dont have any sort of pride or honor in that site, its a commodity to them.

I have my sig not because im trying 'show off' or as a status symbol but because i care about the [Fight Club] >> i spend time making it a better place, i think about its users. Ive spent countless hours helping the site i represent and my sig is a symbol of that.

There are people with userbars in there sig that do not even know what it means to be a member of that site. They do not participate and should not be faking the 'pride' they have for the site. Usebars for the sake of showing off.....I cant and dont respect that
    I agree to what you said here. Alright, enough joking around, it's time for a serious post from me in this thread..

Tbh, I don't really care if someone has one userbar or favicon of a site that he loves and helps shape. What pisses me off are people using 3,4 and sometimes up to 10 userbars in their sig, some of which of the best and rarest of sites.

On several occasions when I noticed sigs full of userbars, I remember asking myself why would these people feel an urge to flaunt their sites like that, and every time I came to the same conclusion: these people are most likely tracker collectors who use these userbars to mark their latest conquests, goals achieved while on their way to the crowning jewel - the rarest of trackers. It's actually quite similar to a mating ritual of animals if you think about it: they flaunt their feathers to attract a proper mate (a fellow tard).

Another thing that pisses me off when I see members showing off their userbarss is that I don't like people who try to act like they're better than others because they achieved some stupid virtual goal, as though having a rarer tracker means anything in the real world. I respect members of high leveled trackers who can keep that fact to themselves (I myself can't really see how the trackers I use would be any stranger's business).

That last rant is obviously not intended towards userbars only, although userbars are the most graphic manifestation of the behavior I've described.
    Last edited by pro267; 02-21-2008 at 02:49 AM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast