Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Way To Find More Sources

Poster
    This baby works for me!
    Sometimes I even download faster than my bandwidth is set to on my ISP!

Set the KaZap like this (The quotes indicates the writeable field): Find more sources every: "1" seconds.

Then set Speed Up recycles to every 2 seconds.

When I download some DragonBall movies I got a speed of 32kb/sec for about 10 mins. and my max. download speed is 26.xxkb/sec, talk about accerleration? B)

Under the "More Options" in the K++ Edition there too is a find more sources thingy, personally I have set it to "3"

But thats just my settings, try out for yourself!

Just by setting KaZap to find more sources every 1 second is a mega nice change!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I might give a try to see if it goes over my bandwidth limit

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Forum Star
    Just by setting KaZap to find more sources every 1 second is a mega nice change!
    Too bad that it actually searches for more sources only once every 60 seconds, despite of your 1 second setting.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@2 August 2003 - 12:18
    Too bad that it actually searches for more sources only once every 60 seconds, despite of your 1 second setting.
    Mine works like I described. Incl. I download 100 MB files thats widely spread so to find more sources every second is OK.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by Tmpj@2 August 2003 - 02:16
    This baby works for me!
    Sometimes I even download faster than my bandwidth is set to on my ISP!

that's a bit like shoving an apple through a garden hose isn't it?

You can't exceed the the maximum physical bandwidth. The key word is physical.
    If we could make it work, we wouldn't have to spend any more time or resources on hardware to increase your bandwidth now would we?

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Mine works like I described.
    No it doesn't. It only looks like it does what it supposed to do. Kazap can tell Kazaa to search for more sources every second, but that doesn't mean that actually happens.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Paul@2 August 2003 - 12:18
    Hhehehe Paul,

it's good to be the King huh? Hhahahaa (lachen dit&#33

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    all these super tips in this forum . i may have an answer for you... i had a technician come out to my house to check my line cause i was experiencing some bandwith problems...he was here for about an hour and i got talking to him as you do..he told me that there are certain times during the day that u can exceed your bandwith capacity with out the aid of any programs or any thing like that..there is nothing your isp or internet provider can do about it .its just part of the system.wanna no what that information cost me?wait for it...lol
    i ended up giving him a copy of terminator 3 which was unreleased in our country at the time

so all u people who seem to think that adjusting "Find sources time limit" and all that crap..take a minute to think about wether youve just caught your isp at a good time please...

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    And again,

You can't exceed the the maximum physical bandwidth. The key word is physical.
    If we could make it work, we wouldn't have to spend any more time or resources on hardware to increase your bandwidth now would we?

a 2 megabit plant cannot exceed 2 megabit by more than a few percent. It does not matter what time of day it is. The only benefit to timing your internet activity would be if you managed to figure out the time of least activity on your own gateway. It really does vary from day to day. Despite claims that anything after midnight is going to be faster, if your neighbors all run kazaa and winmx or if someone starts up a server, you might get less than you'd hoped for.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Skank+2 August 2003 - 21:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skank &#064; 2 August 2003 - 21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>all these super tips in this forum . i may have an answer for you... i had a technician come out to my house to check my line cause i was experiencing some bandwith problems...he was here for about an hour and i got talking to him as you do..he told me that there are certain times during the day that u can exceed your bandwith capacity&nbsp; with out the aid of any programs or any thing like that..there is nothing your isp or internet provider can do about it .its just part of the system.[/b]
    <!--QuoteBegin-balamm@3 August 2003 - 00:19
    And again,
    You can&#39;t exceed the the maximum physical bandwidth. The key word is physical.
    If we could make it work, we wouldn&#39;t have to spend any more time or resources on hardware to increase your bandwidth now would we?
    a 2 megabit plant cannot exceed 2 megabit by more than a few percent. It does not matter what time of day it is. The only benefit to timing your internet activity would be if you managed to figure out the time of least activity on your own gateway. It really does vary from day to day. Despite claims that anything after midnight is going to be faster, if your neighbors all run kazaa and winmx or if someone starts up a server, you might get less than you&#39;d hoped for.
    [/quote]I&#39;m on Comcast and I was told my line was hard-capped at 1.8 mbps (download) even thought it was officially rated as a 1.5 mbps line.
    Also I was told that Comcast only has a couple OC-3&#39;s (45 mbps up+down each) feeding my entire city.
    Even with maybe 1,000 cablemodem subscribers (a reasonable number even so so large an area), I am able to reach at least 1 mbps download speeds even during &#39;peak&#39; hours and sustain 0.2-0.25 mbps upload virtually 24/7.

The number of cablemodems on my particular node (not to be confused with Kazaa&#39;s nodes -- I&#39;m talking about cablemodems on the same tv cable line) isn&#39;t as limiting a factor to my bandwidth (the cables back to the ISP&#39;s exchange can handle at least 100 mbps) as the overall ISP internet bandwidth coming into the area.

I would say my ISP (at least locally) has adequate to good coverage for what it claims to offer.

Any ISP that has overextended its resources needs to improve its infrastructure or it can expect to lose customers if there&#39;s decent competition in the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast