Thread: Help me skip PAR. files?

Hello I use Usenet just like you guys. I want to know if anyone can help me. Can anyone tell me how to skip par. files? When I download a NZB. I get all the rar. files + the PAR. files , I don't need them everything always works for me. I use NewsLeecher ...if you can tell me how to skip the par. files it will be great!

Thank YOU

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fmarqui View Post
    Hello I use Usenet just like you guys. I want to know if anyone can help me. Can anyone tell me how to skip par. files? When I download a NZB. I get all the rar. files + the PAR. files , I don't need them everything always works for me. I use NewsLeecher ...if you can tell me how to skip the par. files it will be great!

Thank YOU
    If it doesn't work with newsleecher (I'm sure someone knows this here) Alt.Binz only downloads the PAR files needed to repair the damaged archive and extract it afterwards.

Edit:
    Check the post by Cugel in this thread. It explains how to auto pause the PAR files:
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum...fm/843864.html
    Last edited by MultiForce; 02-21-2008 at 03:56 PM.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Thanks for finding that. I didn't know what it really meant so I didn't touch it. That helps alot. I am going to try it later and see if it works but it makes sense so it should be ok.

Method Used
    Newsleecher has the same thing as Ray mentioned. Options -> Download -> Par2 files -> Add Pars to queue as paused.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    As has been stated, you should keep them. If you want to learn the hard way, just highlight them and select "Remove from batch".

If you ever upload NZBs to a site though, be sure to include the PARs.

yo

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    From my viewpoint I have never seen a reason NOT to grab those parity files to be honest.

They are so small in size to everything else that they save me a shed load of time if things DO get messed up.

I know you are referring specifically to newsleecher (which I gave up on) but AltBinz keeps them on standby until it needs them for auto-unrar purposes and to me that is a total blessing - pretty much the best of both worlds!

It looks like the previous posters have answered your actual query though so best of luck with that mate.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I use nzbedit to 'split' the posted nzb to files/pars, so that I don't have to spend the time (or bits) to get 'everything', I wait until (or IF) there are any errors in the transmission, to spend the time/bits to get the pars.

The key is nzbedit. Available just about everywhere as far as binary d/l's.

Comes in handy especially when the pars posted are excessive, like 20%+ or so. Usenet has gotten so good in the last few years, that any errors are few and far between. Not like the 'olden days', when 20% was sometimes not enough.
    Last edited by Beck38; 02-22-2008 at 04:31 AM.

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    when downloading with multiple connections at 1mb/sec get your par files to be safe its only 100-300mb out of a 4.7GB D/L better safe then sorry

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    use newsbin
    and all the pars goto scratch. then it wont download em unless u highlight em all and add to download list.