Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: BT Guru

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Reality what's your true take on permanently ridding account trading? Or creating the sticky's I suggested. I just would like some food for thought, for myself and it would be helpful to other members as well. I think this was at least a good topic to start, so members and bt staff alike, can air out some obvious issues, differences and whatever else. I'm also fully aware at the end of the day what ever decisions your staff impose, will be final on fst.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Sorry I'm so delayed on replying, been disabling accts for the past hour or two.. (note this has nothing to do with FST, well one was an acct trade that fst allowed to go through on here.. but dont get all worried) Anyways here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I know how you feel Brandon and i guess some how you have the right to feel so.
    buT i guess the best thing about this new rank that members here is given the right to nominate what they think is the best members here in this community.
    I guess that you will agree with me that getting a title from FST MEMBERS means a lot more than getting a better title or rank from the FST staff.
    away from all these invites nonsense and getting into trackers rush.we as members in FST hold some people here dear to our heart and always appreciate their contributions to this forum and there is no doubt that you are one of them.
    like it or not.I may disagree with you sometimes but i like you and treasure your help and contribution.
    I agree with you on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post

Reality, Skizo, KFlint, or whoever else who makes the decisions on here. I know I don't have any real say or influence, but i think what should be done to make the good mods like "Brandon" and others happy(Which is very justified), is maybe considering to eliminate Account trading and the BT reputation system all together.

Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the BT invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list, only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not on are tracker. Edit the sticky as tracker rules change, and also do a nice list breaking sites up in their own categories. Like a brokenstones, Ftn, Fsc, Revtt for example. It will save the fst and tracker staff all the endless trouble in the long run. Also all BT staff should have the title of their site name under their avatar to identify themselves (I think this should be automatcially set-up or done by fst staff).

Also maybe impose serious infraction on all members that don't read and follow the rules. Honestly? I would even go as far as making it mandatory for all new members to have to read complete fst site rules, before having access to the bt invite section, not just the 30 days.

If you do decide to roll a system like needing to read site rules? Roll it out for everyone, even me, even Tracker staff at the time, so we can all refresh are memories as well as the new blood getting familiar with FST rules for the first time. I think this should be deeply considered. Maybe talk to Tracker staff about this in private. Brandon i would like to personally hear your thoughts, Reality yours, and anyone else. Maybe i have it all wrong?
    I'm with you on this. Sad thing is, if staff here had worked with us, and even the users.. I really think this could have been handled better.

Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    I guess I just assumed account trading would be disallowed for those trackers that received this title... just like before. I don't really see the point of it just being a title.. it should also come with some benefits both for FST and for staffers.

It's really bad to see the gap between trackers and FST grow, but I can understand trackers' staff for it. It's sad to see, for example, Brandon's change of attitude from a very friendly and helpful guy to a seeker and destroyer, but it's an understandable reaction...

It's in our best of interests that FST works together with staffers, not against them (and that includes of course all us members, not just staff) to make our BT community a better and safer one. Of course I have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, this is just my opinion from what I've been reading here... I hope in the end, a balance can be found.
    I really don't want to be the bad guy, but I don't really have a choice now. I can assure you my attitude towards good users and those on FTN will stay the same. You won't see much of me in the forums here though.

Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    @ brandon :what kind of CR u talking about if u threat this community by ban ass every single member here have account at F*N what the fst member did to get such a punishment if u say u relly helped alot of members here then u will find the help in return from the member u helped them already and alot of them will vote for u to get ur stars and ur agreement back this threat with for real childish i know and i saw u gived a hand help here to many but by what u just posted ur relly lost alot of supporter and alot of respact u will find alot of posts agree with what u just said but most of them not coz they agree but coz they are affried... one more thing fst helped ur tracker as u helped fst members i belive to get memebers have some knowladge about BT from fst better then get scammers and cheater from realpoor .
    If I somehow made the illusion that I was threatening anyone I apologize. I will not ban a single member who is both on ftn and fst unless they are abusing the rules. This now includes invite trading as well as account trading. If you trade an invite, I will make it my mission to find you and disable you. Follow my rules and I'll be as kind as always. On the contrary to you saying I've lost a lot of respect, either you misread my posts or you misunderstand the whole point of this. Please re-read this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    well I like to be upfront and I'm not going to bullshit or hold back my opinion.

On topic, I really think that the allowing of account trading for all trackers again is terrible. I hope that staff can see how much people don't want it. Sure you have to cater to the traders as well and I can understand that even if I disagree. However isn't letting them trade invites going far enough? Removing protections for trackers is just going to further alienate FST it's staff and members from the wider tracker community.

FST has a bad rep, lets face it. I for one would like to see some sort of middle ground where members don't have to sign up with a different nick just to protect themselves. I personally am on good terms with the staff at the trackers I frequent and have no fear of my accounts being disabled. However it's common practice for members to use a different nick here out of fear of being banned even if they've done no trades at all. Is that the kind of place people want this to be? I hope not. This move to allow a free for all on all trades truly saddens me.

Whether staff agree with Brandon or not, there's no arguing he's done a lot for the members here. He's given out invites, helped people that needed help and generally had a good laugh with us. It's too bad that it's come to this. I hope you guys (staff) can see where he's coming from and also sense that many long time members here support him wholeheartedly. Please ban account trading. If you can't do that at least come to some kind of agreement with staffers that are willing to hold up their end of the bargain, I think this is the only way forward on this issue.

Anyway I'm done ranting but truly whether it's apparent or not I and a lot of other members and the wider BT community feel very strongly about this.
    I agree with you, but as you can see by the post below from skizo, they don't care. I'm all for middle ground, they are not.

Quote Originally Posted by fazzy07 View Post

I ll have to totally agree with you as you and all the CR's were kept in the dark in this breach of agreement
    You have been one of the most active and helpful CR here along with FSC staff and recently stoi from BCG
    If fst losses you guys its a big loss to fst
    In my short while here I have seen you take your time and helpout and leave comments everytime ftn was mentioned
    Its just a disgrace on fst's part to not acknowledge the agreement
    As far as invite and acc trading goes like fsc there are many proud members of ftn here who will always help out the staff in cutting down the scums
    I appreciate your understanding. I am going to miss goofing around with you guys, but like I said I just don't have the time to do both :-/
    FST staff has no idea how much work it is to deal with both invite and account traders. Yes, account traders can be found easily, but I don't wanna be the guy who disables someone who's innocent. We have scripts that alert us immediately on certain things, but as with everything in life nothing can be certain.. I have to do backround checks on every single alert we have to double check that the disable is justified. Again though, FST staff fail to understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    This whole thread disgusts me. I'm finished with it and will not be making any further replies to this pathetic bullshit.

You act as if you're so oppressed and have been fucked over. I really thought you were past all this nonsense and would actually talk it out with us. Instead, you terminate our MSN conversation where we are trying to explain why the CR rank was removed and what we are doing to replace it for staffers such as yourself who have been friendly, but you couldn't be bothered I suppose. Instead, you immediately came to the forum and started bad-mouthing me and the staff.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse and repeat it all again (you can read you MSN history for that), but what do you feel you've been screwed on?

We don't owe you anything.

We don't owe any tracker anything.

Our main focus is FST, nothing else. That focus includes helping our members and being an informative resource for file sharing information all-around. The CR rank was all give on our part and required absolutely nothing from you or any other tracker staff member. You should be happy that it lasted as long as it did as you all got what you wanted and didn't have to do anything to get it.

Now we do away with it to protect FST'ers b/c too many staffers were taking advantage of it and all of a sudden we're the bad guys?? The forum is the same as it was last week, but since you don't have us to get rid of account trades at your beck and call, now the forum is reprehensible?? Get real.

Again, you want to know all the reasons, read your MSN history. RealitY and myself broke it down piece by piece.
    Bro, you guys kept giving me the run around. I've said this plenty of times, I just don't have enough time i my day to go through the bullshit.
    I don't agree with your reasons, they were half-assed and as I said above you could have had our support in finding a solution to this rather than pushing it under the rug because you couldn't handle it. As also said in the other page, I still think you're a decent guy, you're just not as good of a staffer as I thought you were and you definitely are not the friend I assumed you were.

If your main focus was fst, then you my friend have failed. Let me help you out.

You went from a community with great members and great torrent staff support, to a community that's now a battleground with less support staff, and now staff members who are here to hunt down users. Do you think your users are going to be happier with the new FST? If you do, I ask you to re-read the posts made here.
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-23-2008 at 08:36 AM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Yes I guess there was a breach of contract like benchez said but that doesn't mean that a new one can be re-written so that the same rules apply, but just the users who didn't keep up there end of the bargain not qualify for this contract.

I mean I truly hope that sites that don't want to have there url's posted still have the option to have it censored, since that was in effect prior to there being the community rep title.

This is a work in progress like its already been said but why re-build the wheel when you can just change some of the parts that are broken to get it rolling again.

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by DKre8ive1 View Post
    Yes I guess there was a breach of contract like benchez said but that doesn't mean that a new one can be re-written so that the same rules apply, but just the users who didn't keep up there end of the bargain not qualify for this contract.

I mean I truly hope that sites that don't want to have there url's posted still have the option to have it censored, since that was in effect prior to there being the community rep title.

This is a work in progress like its already been said but why re-build the wheel when you can just change some of the parts that are broken to get it rolling again.
    Hey DK <3
    I agree with you, but like I said to FST staff... if they were going to allow the same rules to apply to this new thing, why abolish the old? That's what skizo doesnt understand. How can I be expected to have an open mind about this when they totally destroyed the old system, which included the old rules. If there's going to be a new system with the same rules, isnt that essentially just the old system with a new name? Oo

What good is that? Why do it? ?????
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I don't think we will see those rules return.
    That middle ground seems to be lost.
    It looks at the moment like it's everyone for themselves. Caveman style.
    At least that will mean less politics I guess. I do hate politics.
    Now go away.

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    wow fst as gone mad again ,why fix something that wasnt broken!

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    The funniest thing about that post was the fact that it was totally unexpected and completely random. Thanks for the giggle
    It wasn't that random the poster before has a grand total of 5 posts here and managed a 'nice thread' comment so I really couldn't resist

This thread did need some lightening up though, so it had to be done

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Poster BT Rep: +5

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny67 View Post
    wow fst as gone mad again ,why fix something that wasnt broken!
    75% of CR not respecting their end of the deal = not broken?

that might have been harsh to remove it completly for some times but i'm pretty sure people getting the new title will be happy with it, just wait for the details
    Last edited by KFlint; 02-23-2008 at 03:18 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    Innos's Avatar Poster
    Brandon just let it go