Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Guru

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    TheFox
    Brandon
    RvT
    Stoi
    DV8Type
    DkRe8ive1
    Vidde
    SgtMajor
    PolarBear
    Th0r

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    sgtmajor and stoi

kingrobs spelling is terrible

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I believe that account trading should be totally prohibited in here, whether there was an agreement with some trackers or not.

It only spoils the reputation of FST.
    Remember this:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...-system-235276

Change can happen, we just have to keep the momentum up.

We here have to look after all aspects of the BT community, and that means working in tandem with everybody, staff here, BT staff and the members of here & trackers everywhere.

FST should be the voice of FileSharing, and if sometimes that means swallowing a bitter pill sometimes, then so be it, we cannot please 100% of the people 100% of the time. FST should be setting the standards that others will follow, and that means finding a middle ground so that we are all happy, not just a few.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #84
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I believe that account trading should be totally prohibited in here, whether there was an agreement with some trackers or not.

It only spoils the reputation of FST.
    I couldn't agree more. IMO this whole thing has been a big mistake at least for a while with the com reps there were quite a lot of accounts that couldn't be traded now it's back to the wild west. I don't really know how to express how I feel about this (which is unusual for me :p) but it's definitely a huge step in the wrong direction. With this new rank, will it mean that accounts for sites that have "BT Gurus" are not allowed to be traded? Or is it just a title?

EDIT:

to those people that nominated me, thanks i'm humbled but I don't really see that I deserve it. Personally I have have no need or desire for a special title just for being the sort of member that I would like to encounter. Besides I've had too many arguments with people here and tbh I can be a bit hostile
    Last edited by sear; 02-23-2008 at 02:38 AM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    Sawyer2020's Avatar Lost BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    KFlint
    Vidde
    dv8type

maybe I will add more when I remind
    all my respect to all I didn't mention them
    Last edited by Sawyer2020; 02-23-2008 at 02:29 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    I guess it just boils down to the whole respect thing you were talking about before. When the staff here approached the CR's an agreement had to be made and in order to do that both parties had to agree. I am not sure but it seems like when CR was taken away, the tracker owners and represantatives had no say in the change in rule; not even the good active ones.

Are these assumptions correct?

If they are I can see why one would be extremely irritated about that. I mean just because there is no CR status that doesn't mean respect for trackers just goes out the window. So why are we allowing account trading here now?

If the tracker owners and represantatives allowed invite trading in order to better help the community here with there time I think the least we can do is honor the original agreement, CR or no CR.

Just my two cents

Jon
    You nailed it! We had absolutely no say in this situation, which I find odd considering this was a deal between two different parties yet the other decided to just destroy the contract with no prior contact with the other party.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrob View Post
    i could not agree with you more
    i would love to be able to help members here but now the deal i made with fst has been broke i am now back to catching all traders ect again this is going to take most of my time due to this i have disabled my pm box and any user needing help will now need to go though my sites support system
    fst turning there back on ppl who did not break the deal's offered is a big step back
    Not a bad idea, I had forgotten there was an option to disable pm's I was just going to let my inbox fill up but I guess I can save time and just disable it. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    I feel for Brandon as well. I can't imagine what it would be like to finally get a chance to focus on being simply a good member of a forum, only to have your old heavy duties thrown back on you.

Heres to a hopeful future for you, Brandon!
    Thanks man I appreciate that.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I for one am glad we are finally seeing a reaction from the tracker staff over the revokation of the CR agreements, and to those that have spoken out against the removal of the system it truly is a shame, and as I sadly predicted it would mean that tracker staff would have a huge workload trying to track the a/c trades that so weaken the idea of a private invite only community.
    If this means in the case of those like Brandon who have spoken out not getting their shiny new btguru stars so be it , I dont think they will miss them.
    If this rank truly is to mean anything then the persons who become btguru's should not be hobbled by rules since FST changes those rules as it sees fit anyway.
    I also truly understand staff saying that they will not have time now to help users with queries on this site but then 90% of those queries were zomg my a/c has been stolen after an a/c trade went tits up, so it's no real loss in that respect.
    I do however hope that the new BTguru class will help members and show them that there is another way that there is a reason why a/c trading is against the rules of most trackers and that if you want to be a member of the tracker you have to respect its rules.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Start by giving the good com-reps the title and maybe top it off by banning all account trading and account giveaway unless approved by tracker staff. That would be a step in the right direction.

Oh and I vote for SHUVT as well
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    All staff here i believe are good people. Have not got to know many member's but i can say there are great people here!

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    I know how you feel Brandon and i guess some how you have the right to feel so.
    buT i guess the best thing about this new rank that members here is given the right to nominate what they think is the best members here in this community.
    I guess that you will agree with me that getting a title from FST MEMBERS means a lot more than getting a better title or rank from the FST staff.
    away from all these invites nonsense and getting into trackers rush.we as members in FST hold some people here dear to our heart and always appreciate their contributions to this forum and there is no doubt that you are one of them.
    like it or not.I may disagree with you sometimes but i like you and treasure your help and contribution.

For Serving Community

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast