Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Guru

pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    After going through some of the BT staffers' posts in this thread, it is quite clear that a few of them got offended by the breaching of the agreement they've upheld on their parts. Unfortunately, they're the ones that will suffer the most from the change in the situation and not through any fault of theirs, and frankly I sympathize with what they've said here, but also understand how the previous situation could've gotten unbearable for FST staff.

Even though the situation seems to be quite negative and emotions are high, I do see a small positive side in the situation in that now that the situation had changed significantly, people may be finally realizing how the previous situation, as problematic as it was, was still way better than the chaos that would've ensued had it not been for those CR agreements. Perhaps even some of the ex-CRs which have not kept their parts of the bargain now realize the consequences of their actions and are willing to take a different path now that the dreaded alternative is clear.

I think that it would be best for everyone to take a deep breath and re-evaluate their positions. I believe it is not too late to reverse the situation.
    Last edited by pro267; 02-23-2008 at 04:01 AM.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

2. BitTorrent   -   #92
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I believe that account trading should be totally prohibited in here, whether there was an agreement with some trackers or not.

It only spoils the reputation of FST.
    Reality, Skizo, KFlint, or whoever else who makes the decisions on here. I know I don't have any real say or influence, but i think what should be done to make the good mods like "Brandon" and others happy(Which is very justified), is maybe considering to eliminate Account trading and the BT reputation system all together.

Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the BT invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list, only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not on are tracker. Edit the sticky as tracker rules change, and also do a nice list breaking sites up in their own categories. Like a brokenstones, Ftn, Fsc, Revtt for example. It will save the fst and tracker staff all the endless trouble in the long run. Also all BT staff should have the title of their site name under their avatar to identify themselves (I think this should be automatcially set-up or done by fst staff).

Also maybe impose serious infraction on all members that don't read and follow the rules. Honestly? I would even go as far as making it mandatory for all new members to have to read complete fst site rules, before having access to the bt invite section, not just the 30 days.

If you do decide to roll a system like needing to read site rules? Roll it out for everyone, even me, even Tracker staff at the time, so we can all refresh are memories as well as the new blood getting familiar with FST rules for the first time. I think this should be deeply considered. Maybe talk to Tracker staff about this in private. Brandon i would like to personally hear your thoughts, Reality yours, and anyone else. Maybe i have it all wrong?

edit: imagine a sticky called "Trackers who allow or don't allow account/invite trading and giveaway's. Then putting every tracker in the sticky as tracker staff, submit their rules to skizo or reality, but the requirement is staff from the tracker have to sign up to fst and also somehow prove their really staff or the owners. I think in the long run this would work, you may lose some members in the end, but it would work.

edit 2: It won't circumvent trading/ giveaway's through pm, but also it shouldn't be anyones responsibility but the users own, for doing anything through pm (This means they can't complain to anybody if they trade secretly through pm cause now they know the real revised rules and have nobody to Fault but themselves, if anything goes awry).

edit: Make two stickies one called trackers who allow invite/account trading and giveaway's and another sticky called trackers who don't allow invite/account trading and giveaway's. It may actually make it easier with even less confusion. Maybe this new system should be tested and worked out for awhile to see if it makes a real difference, and if it does? It should be permananely implemented.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-23-2008 at 05:14 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #93
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the bt invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not.
    I guess we can't be hypocrites.Either we stop trading accounts all together or to allow it.
    I mean what's the differance between a tracker and other ones.we should respect all of them equally.And all of them are against trading accounts.
    I'm always against giving some trackers a privilege over other ones.we need to be fair.
    Though i treasure FSC,FTN,NB and many others but still we should treat all trackers the same way.

For Serving Community

4. BitTorrent   -   #94
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Maybe specify in the rules that invite trading and giveaway's could still be allowed, but only to trackers that will tolerate them. Also i think you should create a sticky in the bt invite section of a list of sites which allow or disallow account/invite trading and giveaway and add them to the list only if admins, mods, and sysops themselves sign up to fst and tell "Reality" I either will allow members to trade and do giveaways or not.
    I guess we can't be hypocrites.Either we stop trading accounts all together or to allow it.
    I mean what's the differance between a tracker and other ones.we should respect all of them equally.And all of them are against trading accounts.
    I'm always against giving some trackers a privilege over other ones.we need to be fair.
    Though i treasure FSC,FTN,NB and many others but still we should treat all trackers the same way.
    I personally hate account trading but to make it fair i think it should be according to what the specific trackers wants. I heard there are a couple of bt trackers who actually encourage account trading, so if thats the case, then let members trade on those sites(I disagree with it, but i think it's only fair to all). If 99 sites disagree and only 1 site agrees on trading then let that 1 site be the only one that is allowed to be traded. Then traders can't complain or anti-traders like myself. I mean somehow, everyone needs to come to a universal agreement here.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-23-2008 at 04:31 AM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #95
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    [...]With this new rank, will it mean that accounts for sites that have "BT Gurus" are not allowed to be traded? Or is it just a title?
    I guess I just assumed account trading would be disallowed for those trackers that received this title... just like before. I don't really see the point of it just being a title.. it should also come with some benefits both for FST and for staffers.

It's really bad to see the gap between trackers and FST grow, but I can understand trackers' staff for it. It's sad to see, for example, Brandon's change of attitude from a very friendly and helpful guy to a seeker and destroyer, but it's an understandable reaction...

It's in our best of interests that FST works together with staffers, not against them (and that includes of course all us members, not just staff) to make our BT community a better and safer one. Of course I have no idea of what's going on behind the scenes, this is just my opinion from what I've been reading here... I hope in the end, a balance can be found.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 02-23-2008 at 04:39 AM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

6. BitTorrent   -   #96
    SpiderPig's Avatar The Clams BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by znik View Post
    I believe that account trading should be totally prohibited in here, whether there was an agreement with some trackers or not.

It only spoils the reputation of FST.
    Sup Z? How you been, my medical compadre?
    Last edited by SpiderPig; 02-23-2008 at 04:36 AM.
    No Whining

7. BitTorrent   -   #97
    Besides I've had too many arguments with people here and tbh I can be a bit hostile
    Couldn't agree more. I respect that.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #98
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    ok just one question i am still a noob ok what the diffrent if some one will trade invites or tradeing accounts ( its all call trade ) and why the staffer still keep asking to be part of BT Guru if they relly dont like the trade at all ( accounts and invites ) i think they shouldnt accept this BT Guru if they relly mean what they saying and what they belive about the trade

one more thing there is members who will become BT Guru but some of those members are extremely anti traders so how they will deal with invite section and traders and the all trades will be going there

other thing in my opinion all the tracker staff should be in BT Guru i dont know what is BT Guru about yet but all i am sure about is they will get a pink stars so if fst will give all of them the pink stars then every body will be happy ( atleast to recognize them better ) and we wont see all this drama around and and if any one of them wanna make some agreement with fst then its ok also its up to them..

we shouldnt make staffer above onther staffer thats will increasing the fst heaters also

@ brandon :what kind of CR u talking about if u threat this community by ban ass every single member here have account at F*N what the fst member did to get such a punishment if u say u relly helped alot of members here then u will find the help in return from the member u helped them already and alot of them will vote for u to get ur stars and ur agreement back this threat with for real childish i know and i saw u gived a hand help here to many but by what u just posted ur relly lost alot of supporter and alot of respact u will find alot of posts agree with what u just said but most of them not coz they agree but coz they are affried... one more thing fst helped ur tracker as u helped fst members i belive to get memebers have some knowladge about BT from fst better then get scammers and cheater from realpoor .

i relly wish things could be more clear here then now

1-do we have to trade accounts and invites or we should kiss asses and begging for every staffer and members to get invites

2-we will keep the invite section or we just turn the forum to req section

3-stars for all or stars for non

4-the extremely antitraders members who will be BT Guru will have the ability to see the traders ips or not?

the direct way is always shorter

oh i apologize about my english thats all i have got.
    Last edited by supper; 02-23-2008 at 06:20 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #99
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Besides I've had too many arguments with people here and tbh I can be a bit hostile
    Couldn't agree more. I respect that.
    well I like to be upfront and I'm not going to bullshit or hold back my opinion.

On topic, I really think that the allowing of account trading for all trackers again is terrible. I hope that staff can see how much people don't want it. Sure you have to cater to the traders as well and I can understand that even if I disagree. However isn't letting them trade invites going far enough? Removing protections for trackers is just going to further alienate FST it's staff and members from the wider tracker community.

FST has a bad rep, lets face it. I for one would like to see some sort of middle ground where members don't have to sign up with a different nick just to protect themselves. I personally am on good terms with the staff at the trackers I frequent and have no fear of my accounts being disabled. However it's common practice for members to use a different nick here out of fear of being banned even if they've done no trades at all. Is that the kind of place people want this to be? I hope not. This move to allow a free for all on all trades truly saddens me.

Whether staff agree with Brandon or not, there's no arguing he's done a lot for the members here. He's given out invites, helped people that needed help and generally had a good laugh with us. It's too bad that it's come to this. I hope you guys (staff) can see where he's coming from and also sense that many long time members here support him wholeheartedly. Please ban account trading. If you can't do that at least come to some kind of agreement with staffers that are willing to hold up their end of the bargain, I think this is the only way forward on this issue.

Anyway I'm done ranting but truly whether it's apparent or not I and a lot of other members and the wider BT community feel very strongly about this.

Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    ok just one question i am still a noob ok what the diffrent if some one will trade invites or tradeing accounts ( its all call trade ) and why the staffer still keep asking to be part of BT Guru if they relly dont like the trade at all ( accounts and invites ) i think they shouldnt accept this BT Guru if they relly mean what they saying and what they belive about the trade
    well imo they're both fucked. But when you trade an account you are stealing someone else's identity on the tracker which opens up a whole can of worms. Also it encourages cheating to buffer accounts for a better trade. When you trade an account you are completely severing your ties with that account, therefor you don't care as much who your trading with. If you trade an invite you're responsible for who you invite and hopefully will take a little care with their past and what kind of member they'll become. There's more reasons that have been explained before, perhaps someone else will elaborate on it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #100
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Let me clarify something that I think is being misunderstood.
    I don't care about the status. I never cared about having "community rep" above my name.. I've been in my position long enough that status means nothing to me. I'm fine being a normal user here that's not what upsets me.

Long ago I used to disable every single user here who so as hinted at trading an invite, or an account. And I was very good at it. FST made a deal with me in the terms that I would allow invite trading at the cost of them dis-allowing account trading. I bit my lip and took the lesser of two evils. We both benefitted and everyone was happy. Myself, FST staff, and the users.

Now, things are back to the old system where it's a free for all and I'm going to once again be on a rampage of disabling every single user I see so as mention FTN. Part of the reason I agreed to allow invite trading here was because it took a load off my shoulders and gave me more time to put towards being an active member here in a more positive way rather than "The Big Bad Brandon".

What FST has now done, in my case as well as others, is open up the flood gates to a world of hurt. They've turned their backs on us (those of us who followed the agreement) and in turn broke the middle ground we once had established. So now FST is happy, but myself, and the users I'm going to be disabling will no longer be happy. That to me seems like more people will be unhappy than the old system, so we're sort of going backwards in terms of productivity here.

I'm pissed off because A: they broke the truce. and B: now I have devote all my time to disabling users rather than being an active member here.

For anyone who's reading this and wants my help, don't bother. I won't even waste my time reading my pm's anymore. I just don't have the time. I'm sorry, but I no longer have the option to help this community or its users.
    I ll have to totally agree with you as you and all the CR's were kept in the dark in this breach of agreement
    You have been one of the most active and helpful CR here along with FSC staff and recently stoi from BCG
    If fst losses you guys its a big loss to fst
    In my short while here I have seen you take your time and helpout and leave comments everytime ftn was mentioned
    Its just a disgrace on fst's part to not acknowledge the agreement
    As far as invite and acc trading goes like fsc there are many proud members of ftn here who will always help out the staff in cutting down the scums

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast