Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: no longer able to run stable overclock

Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    How big of a PITA would be for you to reinstall Windows?
    Your overclock may have corrupted the OS.
    i won't reinstall OS until i'm absolutely sure that there's no other way. i'm going to try isolating emule, or running it simultaneously with utorrent again tmr to recreate the problem. it's midnight here now, and utorrent has been running fine alone on 3.7ghz coreclock.

i don't think reinstallation of OS is required at this point, and it's highly unlikely OCing would corrupt the OS.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    ... it's highly unlikely OCing would corrupt the OS.
    I would disagree but good luck anyway.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    I have found that Ocing F*cks up the OS alot, I re-install prob 2x a month or so depending on my mood.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    ... it's highly unlikely OCing would corrupt the OS.
    i strongly disagree on that. one tip: strongly avoid using the SATA0 and SATA1 slots to plug your main OS harddisk.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I have found that Ocing F*cks up the OS alot, I re-install prob 2x a month or so depending on my mood.
    why does OCing fuck up the OS if it's been tested to be stable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i strongly disagree on that. one tip: strongly avoid using the SATA0 and SATA1 slots to plug your main OS harddisk.
    when you say you disagree do you mean the OS should not be affected or should be affected by OCing.

okay utorrent has been running for about 10hours straight. so it might be emule.
    Last edited by athenaesword; 02-24-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i say i agree that it severely messes up OS' based on BUS speed, and that issue can be mostly solved by not using any of your HDD at SATA0 and SATA1. Data corruption occurs.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    i say i agree that it severely messes up OS' based on BUS speed, and that issue can be mostly solved by not using any of your HDD at SATA0 and SATA1. Data corruption occurs.
    would partitioning the hdd to have a separate say 25gb just for OS solve that problem?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    it's not a partition problem. it's the clock of the sata controller can also increase with the FSB if it has no lock, thus causing data corruption. data corruption is what leads to the blue screens, and can have many origins, since volts, bad ram timmings, etc etc.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    it's not a partition problem. it's the clock of the sata controller can also increase with the FSB if it has no lock, thus causing data corruption. data corruption is what leads to the blue screens, and can have many origins, since volts, bad ram timmings, etc etc.
    so if i've already put them in the sata0 or sata1 slots it'll be fine if i just switch to another slot?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    yes, no problem at all, nothing has to be changed on windows either. eventually at some BIOS u could have to change the boot sequence, in case u have several harddisks, but that's all there is to change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast