Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Sprocket sashays...

Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    WOO HOO I got 14 seconds. What other BM software do you use bro? I know very little about Benchmarking (among other things) but I would love to get a "Benchmarking Club" or something going I would love to see Polar Bears machine results with that dual Xenon cpu rig he has there.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    WOO HOO I got 14 seconds.
    Pics, or it never happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    What other BM software do you use bro? I know very little about Benchmarking (among other things) but I would love to get a "Benchmarking Club" or something going I would love to see Polar Bears machine results with that dual Xenon cpu rig he has there.
    HD Tach for hard drive/storage performance.
    Orthos for stability testing.
    That's about it for me, I'm not a big benching sportsfan.

I was totally psyched about the 15 sec. SuperPi- it's less than half the time the Opteron ever achieved- till I saw the sub-9 sec. scores the heavily overclocked guys were posting.

If you are interested in more dedicated practitioners, look here.
    These guys approach it as a sport, going so far as to have developed a custom OS that optimises results/performance in various tests.
    Stripping an OS of nearly all it's day to day functionality and running it naked on a separate partition with a suicidally clocked chip can result in some pretty amazing results...if you're into that kind of thing.

I will no doubt try clocking my chip sometime but not until I figure out what all the BIOS options are.
    At this point, I haven't even exercised the doublesecret ctrl + F1 Gigabyte handshake to get into the advanced options page.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

I noticed your version of Superpi looks a bit different mine is 1.1 is there a newer version I dont have?? I will put my rig through the tests in a bit and maybe start a new thread as I always seem to hijack yours by accident, sorry for that BTW.

Also what about Everest benchmark tests?
    Last edited by Detale; 02-24-2008 at 01:09 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14

Just finished this run of Orthos stress test.
    Wasn't really concerned about my stability but did want to heat up the chip and waterloop.
    During the test the temps did blip up and down a degree or two, so my sensors are not stuck.
    Note that the Gigabyte panel shows the temp as @20° less than CoreTemp does...this was a constant for the entire duration.
    After stopping Orthos, both monitors plummeted- the Gigabyte down to 12° and CoreTemp down to it's usual 35° (CoreTemp has never read less than this, no matter the ambient).
    Odd, but ultimately of no consequence...even if CoreTemp is correct, under 50°c at full load is fine.

D., use this version of SuperPi.
    It's called the "mod" version and is the only one accepted at most sites (apparently prevents hacking/tweaking the score somehow and also records to more decimal places).

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15

I will run orthos in a bit. See my freakin temps are @ 41 when idle and it kills me when I think about it.

HD tach

Im not sure how good or bad this is as im still not sure of what Im looking at, however I was under the impression that my SataII was supposed to transfer @ 3Gigs a sec but I still have to learn more on the whole raid thing and set it up that way

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    well, i own a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (has DDR3 dimm slots) and a E8400 @ 4.5ghz. i am doing near 10~11 seconds on watercooling. I am using 2x2gb OCZ Platinum CAS5.
    These cpus are beasts!

what are the max volts u guys popped on that cpu so far ?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    well, i own a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (has DDR3 dimm slots) and a E8400 @ 4.5ghz. i am doing near 10~11 seconds on watercooling. I am using 2x2gb OCZ Platinum CAS5.
    These cpus are beasts!

what are the max volts u guys popped on that cpu so far ?
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Pics, or it never happened.
    I haven't really started to OC much I got it up to 3.6 and I think the voltage was around 1.3 something. What temps are you getting with yours?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    The iRAM...

Matrix RAID...

Things have definitely changed with the advent of SATAII...the RAID volume surpasses the solid state iRAM in all aspects save seek time.
    Too bad the iRAM doesn't use SATAII and DDR2 modules.

Fortunately, the iRAM's most endearing feature- silence- is still present.

Cabalo, I haven't done anything beyond stock voltages, either.
    If/when I do start to clock it, the goal will be to see how high she'll go without cranking the volts up.
    Seems like most folks running 4GHz and higher are in the 1.35 -1.5v range.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Interesting results on the iRAM, I would have thought differently...
    Quite jealous of the superpi times posted here. My AM2 at 3Ghz calculates 1M loop in 35 seconds!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Sorry you're stck with an AMD bro

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast