Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seedbox comparison

Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Hey all,

I currently have a seedbox with softlayer and I have been interested in switching to an eu seedbox. The two I'm most interested are hosting-ie and vectoral. How is the b/w at both places, quality of service, and overall experience/rating? Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Why don't you consider leaseweb? It's what I use and IMO it's the best... specially if u want a EU based server.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Why don't you consider leaseweb? It's what I use and IMO it's the best... specially if u want a EU based server.
    Ya but they are so expensive!

I posted a ranking from a site that has a considerable amount of experienced users in this thread:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-nee...64/postcount10

undo the spoilers ( I did the spoiler thing so it wouldnt take up too much space)

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    And what's the point of being stuck with 500GB a week (all traffic!, up, down & FTP), no matter how fast you can down & up and even if it is the best? No doubt they are tops, but restricted BW.

Hosting.ie is catching up with peer numbers, and I've just done 327GB up in less than the last 12 hours.

Why pay for the best if it's limited?

Look for something that offers value for money in all departments, speed, bandwidth, costs, hardware, customer support, ease of use, and any other category you wish to add.

VPS is good to wet your feet, give it a month or two, you will either have done your ratio a world of good, or been impressed enough to move to a dedi.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Whoa sarge, I can't wait to get my hands on that box! 327GB up! w00t!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    @Sargeant

Am I capped at 500 GB a week? I didn't even notice that. Well, that can be as far as my package goes ( I have a 2 TB limit/month ) but there they have upgraded their packages and there are now 4 TB traffic limit options. Surely those can't be capped at 500 GB/week.

I just proposed leaseweb cause dythim was saying he was a softlayer client which is not that cheap also...

I will have a look at your hosting.ie cause what I'm not happy with is with their ( leaseweb ) hardware specs... At least for their "cheaper" packs like mine.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Kapone's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    I agree with Neo. I'm with Leaseweb as well. I have a dedi with great speeds and customer support windows server OS. But could use alot more ram from this memory eating hog of a system. I have to learn Linux.. LMAO..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    LW do not cap, but jeesh - never go over, massive tariffs for going over your BW.

It was 2Tb /4 = 500GB a week, but if they have improved & increased their basics to 4TB, then that is good news, they needed to keep up with demand and the times, so 4TB /4 is = to 1TB per week - not bad.

Hosting have the new hardware, which I have been going on about since this year, and I have yet to see a better service for the price, bo - not the fastest overall, but for speed & money & hard disk space & specs etc, it just can't be beaten, and the number of hosting to hosting peers is increasing.

Sure - ScT whores won't like them, but we are not all ScT fanbois
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Neo/Kapone: Do you come close to the 2 TB traffic limit? I know this will vary from person to person but I'm just getting a feel for the quality of b/w and the number of seedboxes at the location.

Kapone: Go Linux! If you need help setting it up, just PM me. I'll help you out!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapone View Post
    I agree with Neo. I'm with Leaseweb as well. I have a dedi with great speeds and customer support windows server OS. But could use alot more ram from this memory eating hog of a system. I have to learn Linux.. LMAO..
    Yes... That the way to go. Learn Linux! I'm a total idiot at it but I'll have to learn at least enough to set up a seedbox.

The RAM issue is the worst. 1 GB Ram is just not enough for Windows 2003 running a considerable amount of torrents. Sometimes the all thing is so slow... surfing the net becomes a torture...not to mention the Disk overload stuff...

On the other hand speed are awesome indeed ( specially upload ).

P.S. @ Sargeant: But what speeds do you really get. I mean, stable, sustainable speeds...
    Last edited by Neo; 02-23-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Was writing at the same time as others...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast