Thread: Leaked RIAA Training Video: Find Pirates, Find Crack-Dealing Terrorist Murderers Too!

F3n1x's Avatar 0x34a BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    This is a leaked official RIAA training video produced with the National District Attorneys Association telling U.S. prosecutors why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of cocaine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers! The whole video is over 60 minutes long—these are just two of the more outrageous minutes with Jim Dedman, from the NDAA, interviewing Deborah Robinson and Frank Walters from the RIAA about the benefits of going SWAT on music pirates. At one point, Walters says the piracy/drug connection can be so bad that you get asked "When you buy a CD, would you like it with or without—the with is enclosing a piece of crack or whatever the case may be."

Source: http://gizmodo.com/358648/leaked-ria...-murderers-too
    --
    check source for see the video
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 02-23-2008 at 03:46 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    Computer Scientist BT Rep: +1
    hahahaha, that is so funny. i cant believe they think the people involved in sharing files are such terrible members of society.
    just a guy who doesn't like to pay for movies....or video games...or software...or television...or music...you know, just like everyone else!

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Someone needs to take out these bullshitting mofo,s

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by F3n1x View Post
    This is a leaked official RIAA training video produced with the National District Attorneys Association telling U.S. prosecutors why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of cocaine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers! The whole video is over 60 minutes long—these are just two of the more outrageous minutes with Jim Dedman, from the NDAA, interviewing Deborah Robinson and Frank Walters from the RIAA about the benefits of going SWAT on music pirates. At one point, Walters says the piracy/drug connection can be so bad that you get asked "When you buy a CD, would you like it with or without—the with is enclosing a piece of crack or whatever the case may be."

--
    Ummm isn't that a good reason to not buy CDs, and to pirate music directly instead ?

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F3n1x View Post

--
    Ummm isn't that a good reason to not buy CDs, and to pirate music directly instead ?
    I'm pretty sure the bolded bit is regarding pirated CDs. Not the overpriced ones you get in the stores.
    Sage goes in the signature field.

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    This is a joke, I had a good laugh reading the comments posted below the video

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by true_neo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manicgeek View Post

I'm pretty sure the bolded bit is regarding pirated CDs. Not the overpriced ones you get in the stores.
    Yeah, and ?

Still a good reason for more people to pirate it directly isn't it ?

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    Jdsnut's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Most people that share files are laid back people who don't have the energy to go shoot someone.
    LoL I dont know about you guy but thats my friends.

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    If they talk about illegal pressing plants and such there might be connections to other phenomena in the criminal scene.

"It has to be stressed that this type of crime affects quality of life"
    ????

I love how at 0:20 the moderator is confused after the RIAA man told him about 'the with is enclosing a piece of crack'

Somehow I can't get off the impression that they spread propaganda like always.
    I think actually they want someone else to bust pirates for them by using stupid justifications.
    Last edited by Sonnentier; 03-07-2008 at 02:24 AM.