Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: OVH Seedbox & Fedora

fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Once u log into your server via putty type>>>> yum -y install xterm wine vnc-server

Now type>>> yum -y install wget

Now type>>> wget http://download.utorrent.com/1.7.7/utorrent.exe

Now type>>> vncserver :1 (it might ask u to enter a password, if it does just enter a password of your choice as you'll need it to log in via tightvnc)

Now type>> exit

Now open up tightvnc and enter you IP address BUT U have to put :1 at the end of it. And enter ur password

You'll now see a command screen so type>>> wine utorrent1.7.7.exe

Utorrent should now be open so enter the settings and set them whatever way u wish but go down to the "advance" tab and click "web Ui"... now put a tick it the enable web interface. Now enter a user name and password of ur choice so u can access it thru webgui. And also put a tick in the "Alternative listening port 8080 option" and exit.

Now go to this link and download the webui>>> http://download.utorrent.com/beta/we...310_beta_2.rar
    Extract the Webu.zip

Now log into ur server via Winscp and browse to the folder below and drag the extracted webui.zip into the utorrent folder.

>>> /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/root/Application Data/uTorrent

Now finally copy ur IP into ur internet browser like this and you'll be good to go >> http://xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080/gui

Now enter ur user and password and ur set.

Hope that made some sense and can help u out somewhat
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post
    how do we get the free trial?
    Move to the UK
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    lol! i tihnk its worth it !
    pictures of you!! pictures of me!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Think all the positions have been filled anyway guys

I just waiting for my root details [dang i was third one to post for the box and you beat me sgt major lol]

Apparently my box broke before i got it Needs to run a nix distro so back to the drawing board lol

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    u are damn lucky SGTmajor

i'm in UK how can i get one??

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by mummysboy View Post
    Think all the positions have been filled anyway guys

I just waiting for my root details [dang i was third one to post for the box and you beat me sgt major lol]

Apparently my box broke before i got it Needs to run a nix distro so back to the drawing board lol

Tell ya what i can't understand is I was with Tzulo going way back and the great thing was if you wanted to do a re-install there was an option for it. Not only could u do a re-install but If I was running Fedora and wanted Centos, I could choose re-install and choose Centos and bam!! within less than 15 minutes i had a re-install of a different OS.

Most big providers want DAYS notice to do a simple re-install of ur OS.

Even to request a re-boot it can be teethious so the simple solution instead of requesting a re-boot is to log into your server via putty and simply type reboot
    It will say the server is going down now and that it!!!

Good l.uck in getting set up soon but I hear they can have really crap waiting times : \
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    I can confirm that the promised 1 hour to get my box was 12 hours ago and still going.

But as im testing all their support lines at the min its not proving a problem. They can take as long as they want - im going to have it for 12 months, i can wait a couple of days if needbe.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Well I followed everything up there, and I'm in. 12 months seedbox for nothing - nice

One thing - the torrent exe file is utorrent.exe and no numbers, had me going for a while that did

I was well informed to install MC, (midnight commander) - Norton Commander for old DOSsers like me!

So how does one install & run programmes, and some ideas for good stuff would be welcome

And does WinSCP do something similar though - add & remove files & directories?
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by 0110 View Post
    u are damn lucky SGTmajor

i'm in UK how can i get one??

GeT that server
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/kimsufi.xml

Then go to the forum

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8&page=14

post your info
    Number: bla bla
    Date: bla bla
    Expiry date: bla bla

and rest they will tell you

and enjoy free server 12 months
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    How long does it take to get the server information sent to your email address after the guy says "done"?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast