View Poll Results: Souuld acct trades be allowed @ FST?

Voters
479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

230 48.02%
  • No

249 51.98%
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Should Acct trades be allowed here?

sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by abe171 View Post
    i never knew people joined private trackers just to be part of the community..... if u wanted to be part of a community join facebook,myspace,orkut, ...the list is endless

i join private trackers just to download
    Much of what you say isn't true :\ for a start demonoid didn't get busted the tracker got shut down because of it's provider shat itself. If you just want to download stick to TL...they all have the same content in case you missed that I'll put it another way. There is nothing new to download. Why do people join a tracker with 600 members for community...duh.

I really can't be fucked with this anymore Your self righteous ignorance won't win you any friends mate have fun being a trading king. I won't be back, you win traders.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #322
    JROQuinn's Avatar Rev. Maynard BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    regardless, people will trade, very few will take heed to honest suggestions about trading & account giving...so if you want to waste your breath & argue with people that you will never see then maybe someone needs a life. Its alot easier getting invites by giving, being active & being honest....trust me I learned after my first giveaway here & after the learning experience, I got those "dream trackers". Im not a extremely active in all forums but I like to take turns with posting in them.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #323
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    i never knew people joined private trackers just to be part of the community..... if u wanted to be part of a community join facebook,myspace,orkut, ...the list is endless

Much of what you say isn't true :\ for a start demonoid didn't get busted the tracker got shut down because of it's provider shat itself. If you just want to download stick to TL...they all have the same content in case you missed that I'll put it another way. There is nothing new to download. Why do people join a tracker with 600 members for community...duh.

I really can't be fucked with this anymore Your self righteous ignorance won't win you any friends mate have fun being a trading king. I won't be back, you win traders.
    sear : you cant realistically expect such people to know what the word community means because they have never been in one. as he makes it pretty clear, his objective of getting into torrent sites is to build huge buffers and then leech all he can. i dont think these people know where the forums page on a tracker even exists. i can bet that most traders are in the same league and dont know anything about this concept called as community. if they did, the question this poll addresses would have never arisen in the first place. these people treat trackers as just websites where they can go get the latest warez. its a commodity to them

anyway, i think its about time the staff made some concrete decision on this. this thread is getting more and more meaningless and with every passing page you can see the same fights being picked up over and over again. i just hope that what tracker staff and respected members here have said counts as something!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #324
    abe171's Avatar I'm Awesome BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18

http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-shu...-again-071109/
    http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-tracker-back-080219/

[Demonoid.com, one of the most popular BitTorrent trackers, was forced to go offline again because the Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA) threatened their ISP.]

wat do u mean there's nothing new to download?
    all trackers dont have the same files
    some trackers have rare files and packs

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #325
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bikernin View Post

sear : you cant realistically expect such people to know what the word community means because they have never been in one. as he makes it pretty clear, his objective of getting into torrent sites is to build huge buffers and then leech all he can. i dont think these people know where the forums page on a tracker even exists. i can bet that most traders are in the same league and dont know anything about this concept called as community. if they did, the question this poll addresses would have never arisen in the first place. these people treat trackers as just websites where they can go get the latest warez. its a commodity to them

anyway, i think its about time the staff made some concrete decision on this. this thread is getting more and more meaningless and with every passing page you can see the same fights being picked up over and over again. i just hope that what tracker staff and respected members here have said counts as something!
    tell me honestly what exactly are you here for to download stuff and get on with your life or to make friends ,even better find yourself a suitable girl/boy friend,make babies and teach them about community and how to be good members and follow the rules by downloading illegal stuff....traders are a dying breed i think, look at all this hate-trader messages,

one more thing it always confused me who is more serious about all these virtual crap "the ones who trade OR the ones who r soo keen on stopping the trade,stealing traders ip...."

its like watching movies....imagine you get an extra ticket to the same movie just before the movie ends, the theater wants you to give that extra ticket to some one you know so that the someone you know could watch the movie for free..... now what these anti-traders do is they want you to make sure you give that ticket to someone you know ,but what these traders do is they would have heard so much about an other movie running in a different theater so they want to exchange the movie tickets with some guy from an other theater, and this is a big sin,its spoiling the theaters name ,and usually tickets of similar level theaters are exchanged so the crowd will be very similar...., be honest now would you or wouldnt you exchange the tickets,y is it so bad??this is no movie but sure enough very virtual just like a torrent site,y would some one take it soo seriously...this is the closest comparision i could make of a torrent site....forget about bar, drinking beer ,your friend buying you a drink and all they are very much real and personal ,cant you guys think for a second rather then just following rules...all this community and all, this is not the place for it,have you seen any tracker with rules like "IF YOU DONT HAVE XYZ POSTS IN FORUMS IN 28 DAYS YOUR ID WILL GET DISABLED",so much for community who are you kidding. may be there are very few trackers which do care about community yes i have never been to their forums ,never will be... most of us dont know how good the forums are or what the community is like.....y would i listen to what they say and their rules if they judge me because i trade ,are their invites worth anything in real ,...when every thing here is virtual y would they want to dissappoint some one in real when he has done all the hard work of getting an account/invite,he has it already so accept him for what he is and try and make your community better,rather then disabling him and give out his ip to other trackers...like watching an other movie in an other theater is such a bad thing to do ... mostly its meant for filesharing....take away that and you will have nuthing left ,so lets just share files and stop worring about who trades or not..because we traders sure dont ask no one to trade unless they want to, its just human to ask for sumthing in return when you give something.....if you still dont get it you probably will never get it,this probably will be my last pro-trading post

i tot "rts" had good community to start with ,and what do these ex-members do make fun of how bad was "rts-2" and how big flop "rts" was, when they happily used "rts" while they could ..i would rather be not a part of such community ....

as far as most of these giveaways made....most of them make 10-15 giveaways of level 2-5 trackers and then one fine day they ask for level 6-8-9.......if they knew no one would give them level 6-8-9 then there would be no giveaways here for level 2-5,they would rather trade........its just plain common sense there is nuthing such as self righteous ignorance.....

i dont know what would be out come of this thread but i sure dont want it to be a one sided decision no matter what the poll results show
    Last edited by stitched; 02-28-2008 at 12:31 PM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #326
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    I am here to make babies

P.S. your theater example is irrelevant =/

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #327
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i'm afraid this poll with disappear in the depth of the invite section without any serious consequences.

thanks to everyone who did the right thing and voted no.

at least it proved that site rule breakers aren't the majority on fst, which is a small success.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #328
    abe171's Avatar I'm Awesome BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    I am here to make babies

P.S. your theater example is irrelevant =/
    LOL ... have you tried adult friend finder?

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #329
    PRINCE's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    when we see the final results ???

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #330
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bikernin View Post

tell me honestly what exactly are you here for to download stuff and get on with your life or to make friends ,even better find yourself a suitable girl/boy friend,make babies and teach them about community and how to be good members and follow the rules by downloading illegal stuff....traders are a dying breed i think, look at all this hate-trader messages,

one more thing it always confused me who is more serious about all these virtual crap "the ones who trade OR the ones who r soo keen on stopping the trade,stealing traders ip...."

its like watching movies....imagine you get an extra ticket to the same movie just before the movie ends, the theater wants you to give that extra ticket to some one you know so that the someone you know could watch the movie for free..... now what these anti-traders do is they want you to make sure you give that ticket to someone you know ,but what these traders do is they would have heard so much about an other movie running in a different theater so they want to exchange the movie tickets with some guy from an other theater, and this is a big sin,its spoiling the theaters name ,and usually tickets of similar level theaters are exchanged so the crowd will be very similar...., be honest now would you or wouldnt you exchange the tickets,y is it so bad??this is no movie but sure enough very virtual just like a torrent site,y would some one take it soo seriously...this is the closest comparision i could make of a torrent site....forget about bar, drinking beer ,your friend buying you a drink and all they are very much real and personal ,cant you guys think for a second rather then just following rules...all this community and all, this is not the place for it,have you seen any tracker with rules like "IF YOU DONT HAVE XYZ POSTS IN FORUMS IN 28 DAYS YOUR ID WILL GET DISABLED",so much for community who are you kidding. may be there are very few trackers which do care about community yes i have never been to their forums ,never will be... most of us dont know how good the forums are or what the community is like.....y would i listen to what they say and their rules if they judge me because i trade ,are their invites worth anything in real ,...when every thing here is virtual y would they want to dissappoint some one in real when he has done all the hard work of getting an account/invite,he has it already so accept him for what he is and try and make your community better,rather then disabling him and give out his ip to other trackers...like watching an other movie in an other theater is such a bad thing to do ... mostly its meant for filesharing....take away that and you will have nuthing left ,so lets just share files and stop worring about who trades or not..because we traders sure dont ask no one to trade unless they want to, its just human to ask for sumthing in return when you give something.....if you still dont get it you probably will never get it,this probably will be my last pro-trading post

i tot "rts" had good community to start with ,and what do these ex-members do make fun of how bad was "rts-2" and how big flop "rts" was, when they happily used "rts" while they could ..i would rather be not a part of such community ....

as far as most of these giveaways made....most of them make 10-15 giveaways of level 2-5 trackers and then one fine day they ask for level 6-8-9.......if they knew no one would give them level 6-8-9 then there would be no giveaways here for level 2-5,they would rather trade........its just plain common sense there is nuthing such as self righteous ignorance.....

i dont know what would be out come of this thread but i sure dont want it to be a one sided decision no matter what the poll results show

i must say you make an interesting aruguement here... but, it's only just that interesting.... form what i can gather from your posts here is that your main gripe is the fact that traders get beat up on for doing what they do... and yes, at times i do agree... there are a lot of times i see a lot of unwarrented comments, pics and otherwise going on here so i give ya a +1 there..
    but, from my point of view and what really bothers me about "MOST" traders is their attitudes. i've seen time and time again here, that prety much most traders act as if they are entitled and or owed something from these trackers which just isnt true..
    personally, i can overlook a trade if it was a specific request example1: you post and ask for a trade for "XYX" and say that you have trackers "ABC" and "gjf" to offer... thats more respectable(if you really WANT it) than posting something like
    example2 "hey! i've got BNH tracker pm me offers... " ... which is just aimed at nothing than seeing what you can get for it.. and also making posts trading trackers that either someone thats staff or the owners themselves have made public requests not to do.. thats TOTAL disrespect right there.. and says we don't dive a crap what you say, so FU.... this is the attitude i speak of.. and plus the dumbass comments the normaly silent traders here post also on occasion.....
    as for "stealing traders ip" an such.. people wouldn't feel inclined to to this IF traders had the decency to follow the requests from the staff of trackers who say HEY, Please don't trade us ..

you say leave traders alone but, in reality its traders who have drawn these reactions to themselves.... i have seen trading requests almost tripple since i became a member here and gained access to this section, and most don't seem to give a shit.. some of them seem to have been banned from specific trackers previously multiple times ... for the same things.. and yet they still have the nerve to bitch and complain about it... uhmmm , hello this should tell ya something... lol

and also... you talk about it's about filesharing?? traders don't give a rats ass about filesharing.... most just get a tracker build up the buffer solely to trade it for something better.. they use their seedboxes, build'e, to 1tb or so(which on some boxes that could take maybe a week) then they drop that site for a while(wheres the sharing there?) .. then after some time they try to pawn it off for all they can get.. thats how "most" traders work.. how is this beneficial to the torrent community?? IMO filesharing is just that... sharing for as long as possible, not till your buffer gets to be a certain size....

anyways.. as i said traders brought all the negativity on themsleves.. this isn't something that someone started on a whim... i'm not saying i agree with it, everyone knows if put some fuel in that fire myself.. but still, most tradings are dumb and pointless.... thats what i'm against... trading should be on a minimal only if ya have to basis...

i also think that all these giveaways are a bit too much also ... no thought or investigations before just handing over an invite.. . but thats a another subject....
    anyways
    _REGUARDS
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!