Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me set up my seedbox!

Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Both Fedora and CentOS are red hat based. I would check your iptables to see if that's blocking it.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    I know how to check my iptables but I have not idea what the information means. This is the first time I've ever used linux.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by deKoy View Post
    How long did it take you to set up with Fedora and what tutorial did you use? I've been working with CentOS for the past 4 hours and I'm not done yet.

Also, I already tried both ports.

I'm trying to do "yum install vsftpd" but it ends up saying "Nothing to do."
    Took me 2 hours to be up & running by reading the tut on this site, and the generous help in my OVH thread.

Still a couple of things to learn yet, but I have seeded 156GB within the last 12 hours just by messing about, imngine what it will be like when I am the "expert" and I know what I am doing
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    With anything becoming an expert takes alittle time, but it will be easier the faster the learner you are(The better you can retain a vast amount of knowledge), and the more you do it. It's called progression. Take it from me, been studying computers, periperals, operating systems, and much more for over 12 years now. I want to thank you all, as well for the linux, ftp suggestions, and seedbox help. I have downloaded every software mentioned this far and bookmarked mostly every Linux tut within this site and other places. I'm in the process of learning ubuntu, but also learning how the seedbox process works and what i should buy in the end.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Why are there two threads on this same topic? deKoy you should PM a mod and have them delete the other thread.

Anyways, your iptables is a firewall. It will tell you what ports you have set open and closed, etc. I don't personally use iptables because I'm behind a router. I suggest you use a frontend for iptables like Webadmin. Google it.

Edit: Please update us on what you have done successfully and what still needs to be done.
    Last edited by tusks; 02-25-2008 at 12:30 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    BANNED BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Check out the guides at torrent-source.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12