Thread: Seedbox

Hey everyone,

Ive been looking for a seedbox for quite a while , every hosting service I have researched about and considered seems to have problems , I considered OVH but heard that they have discontinued some of their accounts because of torrent downloads , some friends who own leaseweb have told me to stay away , hosting-ie im still consdering since I havent read anything negative about them .
    I know there is JMHservices and dedibox , among a lot of others but not sure which one to choose
    I have a budget of $40-60 , I wouldnt mind paying a little more if the service was worth it .
    The most important thing is quick setup and support .
    looking for 1Tb-2Tb bandwidth , 1GB ram , diskspace is not an issue , 100mbits and windows .
    If anyone has any recommendations , please help me out to make a decision .

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    from everything ive heard and my little experience borrowing one, vectorals are amazing. i was borrowing it though so couldnt tell you about customer support or anything but the quality is great.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Don't know why you wouldn't want leaseweb. They are the best in my experience. And the current express server for 39 euros is a great price, imo. Of course, it's not Windows, but linux isn't that hard at all. There are guides and people here that can help you.

Edit: Why would you need support? Since you want a server to do something illegal, I'd think support is the last thing you want.
    Last edited by naq; 02-26-2008 at 05:24 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I mean quick support and quick setups in general , not support for torrenting
    not sure why they told me not to consider leaseweb , there was some problems setting it up , delays and no enough information .
    any ideas if torrentswift is any good ? ive read some messages here and there critisizing it and calling it a scam
    Ive also came across a good dedicated server on uk2 , but not sure if theyre lenient on torrents

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Don't know why you wouldn't want leaseweb. They are the best in my experience. And the current express server for 39 euros is a great price, imo. Of course, it's not Windows, but linux isn't that hard at all. There are guides and people here that can help you.

Edit: Why would you need support? Since you want a server to do something illegal, I'd think support is the last thing you want.
    but when your server goes down and it takes a week and 20 phone calls and numerous unanswered emails to get it back up, trust me, support is important.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltarado View Post
    Hey everyone,

Ive been looking for a seedbox for quite a while , every hosting service I have researched about and considered seems to have problems , I considered OVH but heard that they have discontinued some of their accounts because of torrent downloads ,
    Whoever told you that is just spreading rumors...I know 8 uploaders who have 1gbs ovh boxes and they have had them for a while (ie over 4 months atleast) and yet to have been disconnected...so Im calling that jealous rumors.

Id recommend one of the raptor vps's from hosting ie for your budget
    or raptor + if you are going to believe the bs rumors people are spreading about ovh. Because of the 100 people who said they have heard, not one of them has shown actual proof.

Check my sig for more info on boxes

Dont get vectoral...waste of money and youll be stuck with outdated hardware.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by klink05 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post

but when your server goes down and it takes a week and 20 phone calls and numerous unanswered emails to get it back up, trust me, support is important.
    Ok, I understand that. But you're talking about very rare cases of hardware failure. Most of the popular providers have remote reboot, and even remote re-install, when your server crash. But I suppose you'd need good and fast support if you're on a VPS.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thanks fatcat , so its down to OVH Or hosting-ie in ur opinion?
    One more question , do i get a domain name with it ? since ive noticed I cant connect to ip numbers through http . dont know if that means I wont be able to connect through ssh but id rather be on the safeside