Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ScT is confusing?

Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by cocalait View Post
    First of all they run the tracker, so they decide what they want to do with the invites, if they want to give away invites, to close the invites, to sell them on ebay or whatever they want.They can do so because invites belong to them. And yes, of course it's different when we criticize a guy who is selling an invite, because he's doing it without the consent of the tracker (the tracker doesn't want HIM to sell it)

And secondly, they're not selling them. If you donate an amount they think it's considerable, they'd like to show you their gratefulness by giving you an invite. But remember, they're not selling them; you are in /DONATE.PHP and Donate means : "to present a gift" and a gift is "something given voluntarily without expecting any payment in return"

So if you're spending the 20euros JUST BECAUSE OF the invite, you're actually not donating, you're buying (just by the simple fact you are expecting something in return)

So tattoo this on your mind ScT doesn't sell invites, PEOPLE BUY ScT invites. It's hard to imagine that there's a buyer but not a seller but by definition ScT is not a seller.

And two things more to add to ScT. First of all, they gave out invites for free for PU+ on Jan 1st, and also they opened up their userbase up to 20,000 (That was approx. 20% increase on their userbase). Secondly, when people talk about file sharing and how free it should be... please learn the world doesn't work like that. There wouldn't be any PRIVATE trackers, invitations, a BitTorrent Invite section or whatsoever.

My $.02

Amen!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    In a perfect world it shouldn't be like this. I agree with OP. Alas, we're far from a perfect world...

I guess if someone can/ should sell invites it is the tracker itself and not someone on digi***point

Of course some would argue that selling the invites for 20 something might induce people to try and make a nice profit out of it but hey!... at least they profit something from it instead of just sitting and watching all the black market trade without getting a cent to help in the expenses.

Not the ideal solution IMO but one that tends to at least be more fair for the tracker and its community which, in the end, get the benefits as well.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Heck, if ScT sells them then everybody gets a win.
    lmao, it's like he didn't even read what you wrote cocalait
    o hai

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I did.. and understood it. Just said that if ScT sold it then many people will buy it and sell it to others +$5-whatsoever. Yep.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    SilverSeed.Net_SysOP
    I hate to break it to most of you. But running a 0Day tracker like ScT does cost money. Even the uploaders to most 0day sites who push out a fair amount of traffic bare a hefty cost of some sort.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Another topic that has risen from the grave a few times and will die in a few hours time.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    hmmm, too many "sct complain threads" lately...

it probably means many new users lately, that now realize they have a good fight ahead to keep their ratio, and that didn't bother read the forum threads at sct that explain with more detail than ever seen at any other site, where does the money goes to, how much they have in their account, etc.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    hmmm, too many "sct complain threads" lately...

it probably means many new users lately, that now realize they have a good fight ahead to keep their ratio, and that didn't bother read the forum threads at sct that explain with more detail than ever seen at any other site, where does the money goes to, how much they have in their account, etc.
    +1 there...ScT is fairly open about their financial deets...I'm sure there's a few things they can't reveal in the name of common sense. I too have never seen a tracker with such thorough effort to keep members informed.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    it's called P2L (Pay-to-Leech)

I guess its a way to offset server cost and the lack of donation perhaps.

we can't do much about it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    all the trackers have to pay for servers and yet give free invites but still SCT did give invites once, at 1.1.2008 and that was nice
    I wish thing like that happen more often

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12