Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Beijing 2008 Olympic Games
    One World, One Dream!

Official Website: Beijing 2008 Olympic Games

The 2008 Summer Olympics (Simplified Chinese: 二零零八年北京夏季奥运会, Traditional Chinese: 二零零八年北京夏季奧運會), officially known as the Games of the XXIX Olympiad, will be celebrated from August 8, 2008 to August 24, 2008, with the opening ceremony commencing at 08:08:08 pm CST (12:08:08 UTC) at the Beijing National Stadium in Beijing, People's Republic of China. Some events, including football (soccer), sailing, and new 10 km marathon swimming events will be held in other cities of China. With the equestrian events being held in Hong Kong, this marks only the second time the same edition of the Olympic Games has been hosted by two National Olympic Committees (NOCs).
    The Olympic games were awarded to Beijing, People's Republic of Chinaexhaustive ballot of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on July 13, 2001. The official logo of the games, titled "Dancing Beijing," features a stylized calligraphic character jīng (京, meaning capital), referencing the host city. The mascots of Beijing 2008 are the five Fuwa, each representing one color of the Olympic rings. The Olympic slogan, One World, One Dream, calls upon the world to unite in the Olympic spirit. Athletes will compete in 302 events in 28 sports, just one event more than was on the schedule of the Athens games of 2004. Several new NOCs have also been recognized by the IOC. after an
    The Chinese government has promoted the games to highlight China's emergence on the world stage, amidst concerns about environmental issues and human rights. Nevertheless, former IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch has said the Beijing games will be "the best in Olympic history. [WP]

I was in China @ 2006, it's said that there's 10% in one area speaks English. I lived in Beijing and saw the Sport City and building they're making, at the moment it's crowded with just them Chinese and lots of traffic. They're working and building for the 2008 Olympics, heck, the whole Beijing people and foreigners gonna be just walking all the way. China made this for their aim to get Foreign people stay in China! I was supposed to be a Bouncer in that Olympics, Lol, I just left China for everyday being the same boring one.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I heard a report that the marathon runners will have to wear masks because of all the pollution

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Yao Ming most likely won't even play.

What a tradegy.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    Yao Ming is tall for nothing, there's this short guy in his team which is way better and quick.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    i´m looking fowards the Olympics Games!!

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    What event are you competing in?

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Poster
    This is going to be one hell of an event... Really looking forward to swimming, track & field sprints, and water polo.

8. Sports Club   -   #8
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Rumors of some countries boycotting because of China's actions in Tibet are beginning to grow.
    France is the first to come out publicly
    I have to say ,as much as I love the Olympics and feel bad for the athletes who may suffer,I hope Canada shows some balls and joins in.It would be a small enough price to pay to show real support for human rights.

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    Septimus's Avatar -- Nicolas -- BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    160 days left

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Started!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast