Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: torrentfreak disappointment

Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    i really like to browse torrentfreak on a weekly basis. i think they are a good news ressource, the articles are mostly well written and based on good research.

i also like their weekly most popular movies on bittorrent statistics to see what kind of movies are hot.

today i checked their forums/discussions for the first time and i couldn't believe my eyes.

the place is full of invite sellers. people openly sell accounts, people offer certain amounts for invites, people flame each other for scamming.

that was a really big disappointment for me. how can the editors tolerate this? a serious news ressource that provides us with informative articles about the bittorrent world on the one hand, has a forum full of scam, trash and invite/account selling scumbags on the other hand.

they should trash their whole discussion section.

shame on you, torrentfreak!!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Yea, actually sad to see TF to get it's rep down. I'll still keep reading them tho. FST is here at anyhow.
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    it is really unbelievable what can be found in their forums. i always thought ebay invite sellers are the worst, but this tops everything i've seen so far.

i'm speechlees that torrentfreak provides those assholes with a platform for their deals.

so much for the "sharing" principal of bittorrent that they praise so often.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-27-2008 at 08:09 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Have seen loads of racism and flaming beyond belief. TF needs to make a stand and clean up this crap.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    That kind of crap going on at TF is the reason so many great trackers close their invites. That affects us all, even if it's not going on here at FST.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    People have no respect for TorrentFreak, basically exploiting the site. Since its one of the best site for torrent sources, those sellers are taking advantage of the view hits daily. Whenever there was a news about a tracker, all the comments down the page were like

5$ for what.cd invites or something

it's really disappointing and ugly to see those posts even in comments page.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    i love TorrentFreak becuase they are very good source for torrent news..

and for forum this is nothing new,they are selling very long time there so im suprise that u just now checked they forum..

also if u want something to change there then u are in wrong place

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    The place is absolutely horrendous. I stopped going in their forums due to that very reason. People selling invites like candy it's a disgrace. The author probably just doesn't want to get involved with the forum side of things(Look the other way type of situation).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Never checked before. It's appalling and pathetic, really.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Never been on there for the forum, only the news, but after taking a peek it is indeed pretty shocking to see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast