Thread: Torrent Search Engines

Bionic's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Torrent Search Engines

I've tried some search engines earlier and I think it got some very top Seeds about 10k+ you may find at once, which makes me wonder why do people go to other trackers if they can find it easily on a search engine? Isn't torrents being downloaded easier if there's lots of seeds going on? I for one use searchengines because it's hard to obtain a tracker Invitation even if I tried... So, what's the point here?
    I know some will say private trackers are quick in downloading, but am asking how?
    Twitter: @alhassoni
    Stay tuned. I could say something brilliant at any moment.

DL Speed: 1MBps | UL Speed: 228KBps

Speaks: English, Arabic, German, Tagalog(Filipino), Spanish and Chinese

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    inFormal's Avatar Cherish Your Life BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    easy:
    public trackers give access to everybody : thus haxorz + Anti-P2P organizations :=> a lot of leechers (hit and runers most of them)=> a lot of bandwidth wasted + corrupted data
    private trackers give access only to the chosen ones : thus keeping the the network safe + the seeders don t have to share the data to 1 million users - of whom most of them have the (moral) obligation to seed untill 0.6 (the least) or a pre-established number of hours of seeding
    Run M T F Run

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ramishka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    The positive effect created by the large number of seeders you speak of, is easily negated by the equally large number of leechers that will be present.

For example, a torrent with 20 seeds and 10 leechers will be way faster than a torrent having 10000 seeds and 35000 leechers.
    And of course the fake stuff.

Private trackers are not that hard to get into.

Watch this thread on FST to identify when trackers open signups or use BTRACS.
    Last edited by ramishka; 02-27-2008 at 08:53 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ramishka View Post
    The positive effect created by the large number of seeders you speak of, is easily negated by the equally large number of leechers present.

For example, a torrent with 20 seeds and 10 leechers will be way faster than a torrent having 10000 seeds and 35000 leechers.
    And of course the fake stuff.

Private trackers are not that hard to get into.

Watch this thread on FST to identify when trackers open signups or use BTRACS.
    I know the seeders and peer way. I understood what you said but see what you're saying is: Go to TL download/upload then seed keep doing this but in public.. You'll just download and run with greater speed sometimes and without speed: Free Leech, am I correct? So, what's the deal?

I know them 2sites but private ones. ;p

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Torrent Search Engines

I've tried some search engines earlier and I think it got some very top Seeds about 10k+ you may find at once, which makes me wonder why do people go to other trackers if they can find it easily on a search engine? Isn't torrents being downloaded easier if there's lots of seeds going on? I for one use searchengines because it's hard to obtain a tracker Invitation even if I tried... So, what's the point here?
    I know some will say private trackers are quick in downloading, but am asking how?
    you can very often download files on private trackers with only 10 seeds faster, than with 1.000 on public trackers.

many peers on public trackers seed with very low speed or are not connectable at all. also there are many leechers for those poor seeders.

on sct for example i was able to max out my download pipe with only three seeders more than once.

wait until you download your first files from private trackers and you will see what speed difference we are talking about here.

besides speeds there are countless other arguments why it is way better to use private trackers, that you will learn by browsing this forum.

edit: i just noticed your signature. you might be able to max out 1mbit on public trackers as well, true. by the way, public trackers are not freeleech, you should as well seed back to 1:1 there. if everyone did hit and runs, public trackers wouldn't exist.

if public trackers satisfy your needs - good for you. why bother getting on private trackers, because there you have to share and seed back.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-27-2008 at 09:15 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionic View Post
    Torrent Search Engines

you can very often download files on private trackers with only 10 seeds faster, than with 1.000 on public trackers.

many peers on public trackers seed with very low speed or are not connectable at all. also there are many leechers for those poor seeders.

on sct for example i was able to max out my download pipe with only three seeders more than once.

wait until you download your first files from private trackers and you will see what speed difference we are talking about here.

besides speeds there are countless other arguments why it is way better to use private trackers, that you will learn by browsing this forum.
    That's what I'm doing. Thanks for the post, really made sense now.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    If you have a slow line then the advantage of speed on a private tracker become a disadvantage; you can't seed back.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3