Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: blame sct

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    The media are idiots, why does everyone seem to think that every tracker makes a ton of profit.

I want to go co-location instead of dedicated (as the hosts we looking at dont have dual quad core and 16gig ram servers on dedicated).

but at the rate donations are going, it will be another 4 months till i can afford to go co-location, and seemingly TL have 14 co-location servers. not sure if all of those are used on the site though.

Trackers do different things to keep themselves alive, and trust me, as i have tried it, just offering the star and nothing else, is not the way to do it.

we have just under 50,000 members (we did have 100,000 before) and we probably make the same as when we had 100,000.

the truth is only a very small proportion of members actually donate. when i 1st started BCG i got 2 donations of £10 each in over 1 year, and hat was from the same member lol and i would estimate its about 0.3% donate at all, and 0.15% donate for anything extra (VIP, Gigs etc etc).

so if you hear the media saying that such and such a site was making XXX a month, 1/16 it or even 1/32 it and your probably closer to the mark.

as for "selling" invites, its up to them, personally i will never go that route, but what i wont do doesnt mean other trackers cant do.
    Use the 80/20 rule.

20% of all BCG members make up 80% of the donation profit.
    20% of all BCG members upload 80% of it's content.
    20% of all BCG members post 80% of the content in the forums.
    20% of BCG staff time will make an 80% difference (In a good way)

All that came to mind after reading your example of 2 donations coming from the same member in a years time.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    I dont believe in selling invites but Nemrod right
    the site owner have the right to do what is like and if someone dont like it , well.... no one force him to be there

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Defy's Avatar Be Kind BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Really P2L is an option, people don't HAVE to roll with it. Personally I think it's a bunch of a crap because why would I want to PAY to ILLEGALLY download a file? The whole reason I use BT is so I don't have to purchase anything! Granted it'd still be a lot cheaper but that's dancing around the principle.

In any case, I don't bitch about it either. What I said above was just an explanation/opinion, and as I mentioned P2L isn't required so those doing it do it willingly. I think the funniest examples are those that purchase download credit and then complain after. Seriously, WTF is that all about? Lol.
    Last edited by Defy; 02-27-2008 at 05:21 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    FFS if they see P2L as another way of keeping the site running,
    What is wrong with that.
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    pay2l would be fine if it wasn't something that negativly impacted other users, its all at the expense of other leechers who do seed, and just so admins can profit and lazy ppl don't have to seed.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    bunny67's Avatar THE ORIGINAL BUNNY! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    [QUOTE=Defy;2694930]Really P2L is an option, people don't HAVE to roll with it. Personally I think it's a bunch of a crap because why would I want to PAY to ILLEGALLY download a file? The whole reason I use BT is so I don't have to purchase anything! Granted it'd still be a lot cheaper but that's dancing around the principle.QUOTE]i agree totally ,you wouldnt go into m n s steal a jumper, put it in your bag then pay on the way out duh!
    Last edited by bunny67; 02-27-2008 at 07:36 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by psychophil View Post
    What is wrong with that.
    what's wrong is your signature.mate
    community is nothing but sharing
    how come if we share for money.what does file sharing means then,if we take money and profit out of it.
    there are some rules on which the bt torrent community was based.one of them is filesharing is free and the other is invites always free too.
    sct is just trying to get around these rules and just make money out of its members that's why it bans many members for trivial reasons just to get new ones who will pay money.

For Serving Community

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Reason why people bitch about sct, is b/c sct lies about their motives.

TL openly admits they make a profit. SCT openly lies about it saying they make 0 profit, when for the past 8 months or so the donations go up at least 100% more than needed, yet that money never surfaces. Personally, I have a lot of respect for TL b/c of that very reason.

I have a quote which I cannot paste due to a promise I made to someone that verifies a statement made by an sct admin "in person" claiming about how other sites are making at least $1,000 per month, which was the basis of sct becoming p2l.

Believe me or not, i don't give a shit. I won't paste the quote unless I have his permission.
    The world hates liars.

PS: don't shoot the messenger (me). I could care less what goes on, just felt I'd share my opinion on why people attack sct and not tl.
    Last edited by Brandon; 02-27-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psychophil View Post
    What is wrong with that.
    what's wrong is your signature.mate
    community is nothing but sharing
    how come if we share for money.what does file sharing means then,if we take money and profit out of it.
    there are some rules on which the bt torrent community was based.one of them is filesharing is free and the other is invites always free too.
    sct is just trying to get around these rules and just make money out of its members that's why it bans many members for trivial reasons just to get new ones who will pay money.
    I'm not trying to be hypocritical, I totally believe in sharing.
    I however don't have spare money to provide myself with upload GB's.I have never paid for the priviledge.
    So I do it the old fashioned way and SEED, SEED, SEED
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    bullshit
    ya ok

and yet ... when ull leave ftn already?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast