Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VPS hosting-ie.com

VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    I truely appreciate your advice. Very helpful. I need to check out the OVH & Fedora thread before I continue asking a bunch of questions that have already been answered. Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by torbits View Post
    I truely appreciate your advice. Very helpful. I need to check out the OVH & Fedora thread before I continue asking a bunch of questions that have already been answered. Thanks!
    Ya its a mile long, but it is very helpful, everything is in there to get up and running, but in a few days a full tutorial will be out. We are working on making it, well naq is making it, im just adding a few things lol. His experience and my noobish knowledge = kick ass linux tutorial.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    You can run windows just fine on 512MB you just have to get use to it, I've only ever had 512 and it runs just fine. Obviously it'll run better on 1GB but that doesn't mean you have to have it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    so utorrent + windows with 512mb ram = fine?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I think 512 is plenty. By all means if you want to dish out for the extra ram that's up to you. You'll get some better speeds but you'll pay for it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    windows idling will take up about 200-256ram....then you have ftp server running, utorrent, your browser....youll use up that 512 in 2 seconds.

Id always recommend atleast 1gb, that way you can set disk cache to 700mb and download and seed at decent speeds.

check out my tutorials/FAQ in my signature for more help

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Not everyone can afford a GB of ram. I do all of that and have 100-150 left over I guess I just use it differently then you. Now if you let disk overload occur your right you'll be out of ram. However that should seldom happen if you have the right settings. I also tend to use auto recover.

Anyone looking for guidance should follow whoever they'd like and see if it works for them. I do things differently then fatcat69 so your more then welcome to PM me if you need help.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Not everyone can afford a GB of ram. I do all of that and have 100-150 left over I guess I just use it differently then you. Now if you let disk overload occur your right you'll be out of ram. However that should seldom happen if you have the right settings. I also tend to use auto recover.

Anyone looking for guidance should follow whoever they'd like and see if it works for them. I do things differently then fatcat69 so your more then welcome to PM me if you need help.
    Without limiting bandwidth?

You will have disk overload if you are downloading anything over 3-4gb and at 11mb/s....the hard drive cant physically write that fast if its ide...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    k............

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    The only ways I know to prevent overload is by either adjusting your settings to just the right speed and so on or by having a hdd that can handle the load. I'm not exactly getting the point of your last post.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast