Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VPS hosting-ie.com

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    The only ways I know to prevent overload is by either adjusting your settings to just the right speed and so on or by having a hdd that can handle the load. I'm not exactly getting the point of your last post.
    Ok by adjusting the bandwidth you arent solving the problem, you are just avoiding it. That was my point. With less memory, you have a smaller buffer. Smaller buffer, means youll have to restrict your bandwidth sooner then if you had a larger buffer, you follow?

Hence why memory is by far the most important thing with a windows box.

Yes, You can run a windows box on 512mb ram, however youll be restricting your bandwidth for large files down to what...4mb/s ..if that.

For a seedbox, the whole idea is to seed the most at that initial seeding point, when the file just drops...and with high level trackers, you are connecting to multiple seedboxes, who are all trying to seed the most in that initial 10 minutes where youll see upload speeds of over 10mb/s.
    However, if you arent downloading the file at its maximum speed, you will have less to upload to other users, and other users will get ahead of you and start seeding to you rather then leeching from you. So then once you finish downloading, there will already be anywhere between 20-30 seedboxes ahead of you, therefore your max. upload decreases greatly.

Remember, this isnt ftp transfer, you get a seedbox to be the first done downloading so you can seed it to a high ratio, ditch it, and then grap another file. Why else would you pay $80 for one month?

If you have a vps for an extended period of time, you dont need to buffer accounts and download stuff you dont want just to upload more...as you will be using it for all your torrenting, so everything you download for the next few months is seeded to a very high ratio.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    VIZFX's Avatar Looking at You! BT Rep: +2
    Looking forward to naq and fatcat69's unix setup tutorial. It will be the main reason why I may go with a nix box. Not just the money. You guys rock!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    I realize your somewhat of a guru now and I follow everything you say. We all have are thoughts on why we do what we do. I think you've missed my original point. Not everyone needs nor can budget the extra money for a GB in.

I think 512 is plenty. By all means if you want to dish out for the extra ram that's up to you. You'll get some better speeds but you'll pay for it.

more money = more ram = more speed

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123