Thread: Video Editing Program

any programs that would allow me to compress a video file to another video format?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Could u be more specific?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    umm i got this 1gb file n its in mpeg format and how would i change it to like avi? and drop down its size...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by Soul814@2 August 2003 - 23:00
    umm i got this 1gb file n its in mpeg format and how would i change it to like avi? and drop down its size...
    VirtualDub sounds like what you need
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    how bout converting into divX?...

mine is in mpeg-2 format (dvd)... since i got an ati all in wonder 900 pro...

and i recorded some shows and they are 1gb for 20mins... :/... a litto big...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    if you find that VirtualDub isn&#39;t gonna work for you, you could try VCDGear

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    i&#39;ll go and try it later but i dled both of them...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    vcdgear cant convert any format. it just extracts mpegs from bins and the such.

i would go with xmpeg or flaskmpeg they where the best tools about last time i tried video conversion.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by 4play@2 August 2003 - 23:13
    vcdgear cant convert any format. it just extracts mpegs from bins and the such.

i would go with xmpeg or flaskmpeg they where the best tools about last time i tried video conversion.
    oops...sorry, i was getting slightly confused by dvd and vcd there...i used vcd gear to extract mpeg from a vcd the other day

my fault :">