Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: NaQ's Complete Setup Guide for Linux Seedboxes (Fedora Core/CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu)

addict_uk
    Does anybody know if ya can FXP between servers using vsftpd??? im really struggling to sort it out all im geting is "521 Data connections must be encrypted" any ideas ppl?

Thanks
    Addict
    Last edited by addict_uk; 05-05-2008 at 07:03 PM.

2. Guides and Tutorials   -   #82
    barakokula's Avatar hard to thrill BT Rep: +1
    I'll try my luck here....after 30+ days of uptime with no problems,wine crashed for me. Now,every time I try to start it,wine gives me some 'stack overflow' error and wont start,it goes in some kind of loop ,retrying every 60 seconds. I've tried to reinstall wine,upgrade to a newer version,tried rebooting the server,same thing. Stack overflow. Messages log and syslog don't show why this is happening,at least i can't see anything in them.
    I've installed tf b4rt,but it's just not the same,i miss the 'live' view of things i get in utorrent through vnc,and utorrent is so much natural to work around in.

Is there anything that can be done to fix it,or is reinstall my only option?
    Thx

3. Guides and Tutorials   -   #83
    RoBz's Avatar Member
    I had the firewall running fine, I then rebooted my server today and now uTorrent is telling me that the port is closed. Has this happened to anyone else?

Fantastic guide by the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out it had nothing to do with the reboot. I changed loads of the settings in uTorrent to max to see if I could get better speeds. Changing them back fixes it.
    Last edited by RoBz; 05-18-2008 at 06:49 PM.

4. Guides and Tutorials   -   #84

Arrow

naq! What could I say? Dude, this is what I call ULTIMATE! Two thumbs up! I am cannot connect with CuteFTP Pro; getting the following error (SELinux=disabled & using explicit SSL & TLS on CuteFTP):
    Code:
    [..2008 10:34:10 AM] 220 ProFTPD 1.3.0 Server(ProFTPD) [xx.xx.xx.x]
    STATUS:>   [20/05/2008 10:34:10 AM] Connected. Authenticating...
    COMMAND:> [20/05/2008 10:34:10 AM] AUTH TLS 
              [20/05/2008 10:34:10 AM] 500 AUTH not understood 
    ERROR:> [20/05/2008 10:34:10 AM] Syntax error:command unrecognized.
    Thanks a million for your time & efforts. Not to forget all the other mates who had contributed to this guide. You guys kick (__(__)! Wish ya the best!
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 05-20-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Added Error message for CuteFTP

5. Guides and Tutorials   -   #85
    Hey this is important!

I've exited fluxbox. Right click -> fluxbox -> exit

and now i cannot move windows or get any fluxbox menu.

How can I get it back please??

6. Guides and Tutorials   -   #86
    swap partition

I'm new to linux and wondered why I haven't seen a swap partition mentioned anywhere in your tutorial, NaQ. Do you think it's not needed?

7. Guides and Tutorials   -   #87
    I have a problem. I went over it again and again for hours, but couldn't fix it.

I can't connect to my VNC Server after tunneling through SSH, i.e. forwarding the ports in Putty. I tried localhost:0, localhost:1, localhost:2, etc, localhost:00, localhost:01, localhost:02, localhost::5900, localhost::5901 etc and many other variations. localhost:1 should work, because I start vncserver with the ":1" and the -localhost option. I tried both the Ultra VNC and TightVNC clients. To no avail. I checked the sshd_config file, /etc/hosts file, to no avail.

If I don't forward the ports and run vncserver in normal mode (not -localhost), EVERYTHING WORKS FINE. But I would like to limit vncserver to localhost only, because everyone says it's much more secure.

Does anyone know anything that could help me?

8. Guides and Tutorials   -   #88
    I'm using now a nice seedbox for a low price. Very nice for users who cannot wait for the long OVH setup-time or when your country is not listed on their webpage; http://mybox.pfcorner.eu/

9. Guides and Tutorials   -   #89
    n0_NaMe's Avatar Utorrent FTW! BT Rep: +4
    Thanks for the great guide, it took me 15 minutes to setup my new leaseweb box. Everything is running fine except two things. When I launch tightvnc the screen is very small so I cant see the full desktop. Also, I installed iceweasel instead of firefox but it launches it automatically closes. I think it may be because of the small screen size. Any suggestions

10. Guides and Tutorials   -   #90
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Having a little problem.

In the tutorial it says...As you successfully login to your remote desktop, you'll see a blank screen with a taskbar on the bottom. Right-click anywhere on the desktop for the fluxbox menu, and find xterm (usually under Terminals).

Now i dont see the task bar nor can i right click left click or clickity click.

Now i swear when i 1st logged on ysterday i seen the task bar at the bottom,but now everytime i log in its not there and i cant do shit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Slayer

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast