Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Geldof reveals the horrible truth about Bush

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    He apparently believes there are massive oil reserves in Africa.

There could be no other reason for this.

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...717934,00.html
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    good article.
    I still think he's a cretin, but its nice to be reminded that he's a well meaning cretin.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ilw View Post
    good article.
    I still think he's a cretin, but its nice to be reminded that he's a well meaning cretin.
    I know how hard that was for you.

My best on your convalescence; hope you get well soon.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Interesting article. I see Bush's position in Africa as not a genuine interest in the region by him personally but as a feeble attempt to gain back some public favor before the end of his 2nd term. It's like covering up the smell of shit with a bit of perfume, it only makes it smell worse.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post
    Interesting article. I see Bush's position in Africa as not a genuine interest in the region by him personally but as a feeble attempt to gain back some public favor before the end of his 2nd term. It's like covering up the smell of shit with a bit of perfume, it only makes it smell worse.
    I think with a bit of poking about you'll find his interest (genuine or not) in Africa goes back a bit further than "the end of his 2nd term."

Could you expand, please, on your "it only makes it smell worse" comment.

Should those in the various African locales turn up their noses at U.S. largesse when it arrives courtesy of Bush?

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by tusks View Post

Sadly Bush will be remembered as the biggest fuck-up President in history.

Too many fuck-ups with him, his administration, and party.

Your last sentence was quite funny. I hadn't heard that one in awhile.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™ View Post

I'm afraid that distinction belongs to Jimmy Carter, as well you (should) know.

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Alien5's Avatar μετά BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    bush aint even in charge, he's just a puppet. and i tough africa's main commodity was diamonds?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Not anymore.

I was little young when Ole Jimmuh was in office.
    Can you rattle off, in list form, his fuck-ups?

Carter had to deal with certain crises and did a bad job. Bush, besides 9/11, has stirred up shit again and again. That goes beyond "bad job".

Both are inept. Guess which is worse.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 03-03-2008 at 09:08 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post

Not anymore.

I was little young when Ole Jimmuh was in office.
    Can you rattle off, in list form, his fuck-ups?

Carter had to deal with certain crises and did a bad job. Bush, besides 9/11, has stirred up shit again and again. That goes beyond "bad job".

Both are inept. Guess which is worse.
    If you don't remember how bad he was, you're still a little young, truth.

We could start with the Panama Canal giveaway, taking us off the gold standard, the misery index, the Shah of Iran/Ayatollah Khomeini fiasco, the Iranian hostage situation, his abortive hostage rescue attempt (absolutely comical in it's ineptitude, if you can overlook the incredible tragedy), nightmarish rabbit attacks...I'm running out of breath.

Even his "crowning achievement" the Camp David Accords, went wrong - remember, Sadat was barely lucky enough to make it home before he was assassinated - you know, you really don't have a clue, if your inclination is to say, by comparison, that Bush only "had 9/11" to deal with.

Carter had "certain crises" to deal with?

To which "crises" do you refer - the toilet paper shortage?

His "malaise"?

All this (and much, much, much more) in a scant four years.

No, you are quite wrong, irrevocably so, and your only recourse is to admit it and never raise the issue again.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast