Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Games For Low Spec Comps

Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    Can anyone point me in the direction of any good games which will run reasonably well on a pretty low spec pc?
    Im too skint to upgrade and i bet Im missing loads of great games I can't run
    btw my processor is 900mhz and i have 128mb ram (please don't laugh!! )

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

2. Games   -   #2
    half life should run pretty well...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Games   -   #3
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    This is a very good thread.. please more replies. My cpu is only 600mhz.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

4. Games   -   #4
    Ex-member
    The original Unreal Tournament should run OK if you have at least a 16mb video card.

You could try Diablo II if you like hack&#39;n&#39;slay.

If you feel like a challenge for the brain, try the Myst series (Myst, Riven and then Exile).

If you like strategy, go for Age Of Empires.

But the ones to go for are Thief: The Dark Project and its sequel, Thief II: The Metal Age. Brilliant games.

5. Games   -   #5
    You should be able to run most games perfectly fine with the graphics settings lowered a bit. Every game I&#39;ve run on my P3 1 ghz, 256 mb ram, and Geforce 256 run good with the graphics down. Latest games I&#39;ve played on it are: Jedi Academy, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Elite Force 2, Frozen Throne, Gothic 2, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, and some others.

At least upgrade your ram. Ram is dirt cheap these days. Btw, what kind of graphic card do you have? That&#39;s a big factor in determining the stuff you can run.

6. Games   -   #6
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Xilo@2 August 2003 - 18:27
    You should be able to run most games perfectly fine with the graphics settings lowered a bit.&nbsp; Every game I&#39;ve run on my P3 1 ghz, 256 mb ram, and Geforce 256 run good with the graphics down.&nbsp; Latest games I&#39;ve played on it are: Jedi Academy, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Elite Force 2, Frozen Throne, Gothic 2, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, and some others.

At least upgrade your ram. Ram is dirt cheap these days.&nbsp; Btw, what kind of graphic card do you have? That&#39;s a big factor in determining the stuff you can run.
    wait.. is that the model number or is your video card 256mb?

Edit:

My system specs if it helps

600mhz p3
    512mb ram
    16mb matrox 3d.
    cd rom etc etc.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. Games   -   #7
    The model is GeForce 256 (though it has 64 mb of ram...) All my crap is 3 years old except the monitor, speakers, and harddrives.

mogadishu, you can probably run some of the newer games that are out. Then some others you won&#39;t be able to because of your low ram video card. A lot of times, the amount of video and system ram determines what games you can and can&#39;t play...

8. Games   -   #8
    DUKE NUKEM 3D&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; for all 486 users+

9. Games   -   #9
    Darkshadow2k3
    Originally posted by Proper Bo@ I tell thee,2 August 2003 - 23:15
    Can anyone point me in the direction of any good games which will run reasonably well on a pretty low spec pc?
    Im too skint to upgrade and i bet Im missing loads of great games I can&#39;t run
    btw my processor is 900mhz and i have 128mb ram (please don&#39;t laugh&#33;&#33; )
    y should we laugh
    look my specs are:
    p3 1ghz
    384mb ram
    ati radeon 9200 64 mb
    40gb hd

and i can play ANY game till now with most things set to high ( ut 2k3 ALL high)
    and no its not al because of the radeon, cause before this i had a gf 2mx 400 32mb vid card, and i could use ALMOST the same settings, i would say just buy a new vid card ( 9500 if you are on a budged ) and your set ( i could even play doom 3 with 20 fps , yes the alpha version ). i also had only 256mb ram before the radeon ,and before that 128 mb, bust still ut 2k3 played fine, i think i got a comp that is between medium and high end, so plz stop saying things like: play half life or duke nuken, cause the cpu has alot of potential , just put in the right vid card ( BTW i can play ETM ( Enter the Matrix) with ALL settings high and 6x AA and on 1024.786 with 25-30 fps )

and also highlighting this quote by Xilo:
    A lot of times, the amount of video and system ram determines what games you can and can&#39;t play...
    this also explains what is said a bit more

and mogadishu the 512 mb ram is nog gonna help you , put in a higher speed vid card ( starting from gf3 - radeon 9500) is gonna do ALOT more

10. Games   -   #10
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    These games should play at least OK on your PC, some better than other&#39;s but all without too many problem&#39;s :-) ...

Metal Gear Solid (Strategy)
    Crazy Taxi (Driving)
    Hitman (and Hitman 2) (FPS/Strategy)
    Unreal Tournament (FPS)
    Command And Conquer Tiberiun Sun (Strategy)
    CoolPool (Do I need to even say&#33;? lol)
    Max Payne (FPS sort of)
    Medal Of Honour (FPS - Will probably need to reduce the graphic detail level though)
    Grand Theft Auto (and GTA Vice City - It&#39;s just too obvious to even say what type of game&#39;s these 2 are lol - Both game&#39;s may be a little jerky but should play OK)
    Half Life (FPS - will run smooth as hell)
    Black And White (Strategy - Will need to reduce graphic detail a fair bit and will notice some jerky moment&#39;s but should play well overall)

I hope that help&#39;s some :-) Your spec&#39;s aren&#39;t really that bad for games, so should find alot of game&#39;s will run OK on it but may need the graphic detail reduced a bit, i&#39;d recommend upgrading your graphic card to a bit higher memory spec and also getting a few hundred MB more Ram for the system itself though :-)

Sniper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast