Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I Buy A New Harddrive?

Originally posted by Keikan@4 August 2003 - 07:23
    I AM on a budget you know, if i weren't i already have like a 200gb hard drive... I'm looking at the Maxtor 80gb (119$ + tax), and i live in canada; the place with shitty prices
    what about buying a new hdd from an american site and getting it delivered by train or even air mail...?

this could be cheaper than paying canadian prices

p.s. the prices in the uk are pretty bad, worse than canada anyway. don't think that'll console you though...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Keikan's Avatar ........
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob+3 August 2003 - 23:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3rd gen noob @ 3 August 2003 - 23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Keikan@4 August 2003 - 07:23
    I AM on a budget you know, if i weren&#39;t i already have like a 200gb hard drive... I&#39;m looking at the Maxtor 80gb (119&#036; + tax), and i live in canada; the place with shitty prices
    what about buying a new hdd from an american site and getting it delivered by train or even air mail...?

this could be cheaper than paying canadian prices

p.s. the prices in the uk are pretty bad, worse than canada anyway. don&#39;t think that&#39;ll console you though... [/b][/quote]
    Uhh there is something call an conversion rate 1us dollar equals 1.50cnd (&#33
    and air mail is expensive and train? or ground mail takes like 8 weeks and it&#39;s also pricey
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Keikan@4 August 2003 - 07:36
    Uhh there is something call an conversion rate 1us dollar equals 1.50cnd (&#33
    and air mail is expensive and train? or ground mail takes like 8 weeks and it&#39;s also pricey
    when i was in the post office the other day the man infront of me got a package which weighed 1.3 kg on air mail

he wanted the package to go from scotland to germany and it only cost him 45 pence (approx &#036;0.30), so it&#39;s not as expensive as i thought

also, canada is a lot closer to the u.s. than scotland is to germany

don&#39;t you guys get currency conversion for free? we do in the u.k.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Go for it Keikan.
    A 60GB Drive would do nicely, right in the middle....but it&#39;s kind a a weird size to find.
    But any size will certainly be an improvement over your current 6.

Your MoBo probably doesn&#39;t support Serial ATA, and purchasing a RAID controller or SCSI card is a bit over the
    top for someone just wanting to add a single drive. A 7200 RPM UDMA drive would be fine, IMO.

Here&#39;s a nice 60GB Maxtor ATA/133 7200RPM with free groovy round IDE cables, and free shipping, at Googlegear.com,
    for &#036;82. That&#39;s US currency, Canadian= 114.66.

I&#39;ve bought several things from them in the past, and they have excellent service.
    Whatever you decide..
    goodluck

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    &#036;119 CDN. at MB, Keikan?

And don&#39;t forget about the customs between USA and Canada. They like their cut too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12