Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xp Home To Pro

there isnt that much difference is there?
    i use pro and i have seen home on my m8's comp but coudnt really tell the difference, but i only glanced at it not actually used home.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Home is just a dumbed down version of Pro. What you could do to save time is to find all the registry tweaks, then make a .bat file that makes the changes in the registry... So whenever you format or whatever, you can just run the file.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Xilo@3 August 2003 - 16:34
    Home is just a dumbed down version of Pro.  What you could do to save time is to find all the registry tweaks, then make a .bat file that makes the changes in the registry... So whenever you format or whatever, you can just run the file.
    I like that idea man thanks. I can burn the .bat with nero. thanks again... :beerchug:

Sorry blue I took it when you were not looking

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    I can never stay mad at you Ricochet :*

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    What is a clean install???

I have a burned copy of XP Professional with the Key, would it harm in just upgrading, would things be ok if I just did that?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    A clean install involves removing windows (and every other file on the HD) installing all files fresh

upgrade keeps your settings and files

it should be okay just to upgrade but a clean install is better IMO
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12