Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: secure Givaways !!

Give it a shot and let us know how that works out for you.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    it's not realistic m8

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by maanu View Post
    i was wondering that is it secure to giveaway invites and accounts ( mainly invites ) ??
    Depends on who wins ur giveaway

Some people (unlike myself) are just good at picking the right person for their giveaway and never have had got in trouble for inviting a stranger. I for the one am pretty bad with giveaway (i realized it now). I used to invite people (that i though were deserving) through pm (for safty reasons) but apparently some of 'em were bad apples. One of 'em did something wrong and i haven't had invite in that sit since than, another one got me a 4 week warning, and another one was caught cheating with donation (staff were nice enough to spare me on that one). btw, i am talking about three different invitee of mine at three different sites...not to mention that two of those sites are my favorite.

I still invite people but only those who have been here long enough to be counted on or those i know through IRC, or those who use same nick in all tracker (easier to know about 'em).

As for account giveaway, i think it's unsafe than invite giveaway. First, someone else is getting axx to site when he is not supposed to. Secondly, he is getting axx to site with someone else's identify. Last but not least, he might misuses the features that come along with the accounts (high buffer, addition feature because of high userclass etc).

i know for the fact that many of us use the same user name on other torrent sites as on FST .
    i think most here use different nick

so will they mind to see their invites being just " giveaway " by users here , or they just take action when they find the person that we invites is a bad user or cheater ?
    first, you need to confirm whether the site allows public giveaway or not. If they don't mind public giveaway, well, u can still invite people quietly through pm. However, in either case, tracker might hold u responsible for inviting a bad user. Usually, they take your invites away and/or give u an warning and in case ur invites wern't taken off and u still invite another bad guy, changes are they will kick u out. But then again, different tracker, different rules...check FAQ/Rules section.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 03-03-2008 at 01:33 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it is quite an eye opening conversation here , and i guess there is no possibility that my display name " maanu " can b changed ?

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    it is quite an eye opening conversation here , and i guess there is no possibility that my display name " maanu " can b changed ?
    Yes you can : "How do I change my username?
    A member does not have the ability to change their username on their own, but it can be changed if they politely ask a Manager (RealitY or rossco). Before PMing them, please use the member search function to make sure that the name you want is not already in use.
    "
    Go here : https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/ and in the search field put : username and see what it shows you.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    If you don't want to worry. Remember the golden rule. Invite those you can trust. Don't do it in public, even if you trust them. If you can't commit to that, then kansas may say bye, bye.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    If you don't want to worry. Remember the golden rule. Invite those you can trust. Don't do it in public, even if you trust them. If you can't commit to that, then kansas may say bye, bye.
    Yea that's the basic ground rule for invites, only invite people you trust and know can handle a 1:1 ratio, not cheat, not trade and be active.

If not do not invite people at all cause you will only get hurt from this people's actions

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    hmm it means i should hold on , and b around here for a while coz m new here , and dont know much about members here .. but i hope so in near future i ll b giving some invites from level , 3 , 4 , and may b 5...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Personally I see nothing wrong with using same nick here as on your trackers especially if you use different passwords elsewhere. The only reason I see to have different nicks is if you have something to hide, and giving away invites/accounts and trading is something to hide from site staff, but if you are here merely for the info and to catch up on a few things I don't see an issue.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Annoyed's Avatar Gamer BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I also want to do a giveaway(since I've had many pm's so far asking for invites), but I'm afraid of my accounts getting disabled. Some sites say in their faq to not give away invites in a public forum. And I've already seen three tracker admins here, so I don't know who else is lurking around.

Plus giveaways are iffy anyways. You don't know who you are inviting. They could be a cheater, or they could be someone that has already been banned from that tracker. Just because the person gives you a couple positive screen shots does not mean you won't be getting screwed by that person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast