Thread: qustion about multi-account one ip

Cow King's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    i got a Dedicated server that im sharing with someone.
    I would like to know if we both can connect to the same tracker because we got the same ip?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Most likely not, since the tracker will think that you have 2 accounts.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow King View Post
    I would like to know if we both can connect to the same tracker because we got the same ip?
    if i understand you correctly that would be a double account. as far as i know most tracker don't allow this.

a good way to get a proper answer to this question is to read the faq, rules or contact staff on the tracker you are talking about.
    that's what they are meant for.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    dont connect to accounts from your server, user the Webui , and just add torrents, you and your friend can add the same torrents of the same trackers with no problem,
    Vectoral FTW!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cow King's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by predateur View Post
    dont connect to accounts from your server, user the Webui , and just add torrents, you and your friend can add the same torrents of the same trackers with no problem,

good idea i like

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    kyuuchi's Avatar <O.O> BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Its best to alert the staff first. Plus, you two should never cross path. If you both are after the same torrent, save it in 2 different directory. If one downloads and both seeds the same torrent, it could be seen as using multiple account.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i had been in the same situation , and got blocked from dctorrents , so b carefull , better ask the staff first , explain your situation and i hope they ll let u to do so.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by predateur View Post
    Errrrr.........no, the server IP will be seen as the one downloading/uploading the files, so if you are both downloading from the same tracker it will be seen as a multiple a/c. The server should have a secondary IP attached most are supplied with 2-3 IP addresses you can simply run multiple instances of your bit torrent client bound to different IP addresses, with separate IP's for each a/c there will be no problem.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    In my experience, it seems that some trackers (including high level ones) don't check IP stuffs. You may find related explanations on FAQ or forum.