Thread: Attention: R Ur Playlists Being Shared

THe RIAA and likely MPAA r looking for large quantity file shares to prosecute. They are doing this by seeking out their intellectual property on the lists of files users share. It is likely that u r curently sharing ur playlists with the entirety of ur music library which makes it easy for them to simply search fro .m3u files and log user names to the files they download and then proceed with legal action. SO STOP SHARING UR PLAYLIST!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Ex-member
    There's no way for them to prove that an m3u playlist isn't either
    • composed entirely of songs which are your own personal property
    • or
    • filled with songs you don't have
    no problems.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    They only need probable cause....they read the Playlist , target a file, dowload it from the specific user and that will be enough for a civil court to find in their favor.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    This can be done as i have done it in the past ten minutes four times. It is simply to easy a way to get nailed so it is far better to be careful then trust that they just aren't that smart. The RIAA is not sueing downloaders as their is no coryright infringment by downloading. They r targeting illegal distributers of their intellectual property. That means anyone who allows their own personal library to be shared.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Oh great saying stuff like that is just going to make the idiots quit sharing all together. Which I guess could be considered a good thing since it is the idiots sharing the broken and fake files. So I guess what I am trying to say here is... ummmm... carry on.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    not everyone floods the network with fakes

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Are you representing the idiot community then?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by DasScoot@3 August 2003 - 16:01
    Are you representing the idiot community then?
    That's a bit harsh.