Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Customizing Win Xp

Poster
    Which one out of Windowblinds and Style XP do you guys use?
    Which has more themes available?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I prefer StyleXP - It does the job without needing system resources constantly* and has some pretty good themes IMO. I've tried WB twice before and it seemed like a resource hog for me, that and I didn't really find any WB themes that stood out. That hog thing may be for my computer only though - What I'd suggest you do is try the shareware of each software seperatly and decide yourself - The forum has both satisfied users of each StyleXP & WB.

StyleXP themes can be found at ThemeXP. WindowBlinds themes can be found at WinCustomize and SkinBase. AFAIK, Deskmod caters for both.

*Yes, I know you can use the Lightwave patch and not need StyleXP - But StyleXP is IMO easier to use, to customise with and it can change the login screens without needing a seperate program like Logon Loader - something AFAIK the patch can't do

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    ye go with style xp

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    Style xp is by far the better of the 2 programs..thats just my opinion though...i dont no if im allowed 2 say this but hopefully the mods wont come crashing down on me..look for the cracked version on kazaa..its a lot better whn u dont have to reinstall it when the trial version runs out

PS: sorry mods if i over stepped the line...its a pretty fine line at that dnt u think?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    i'd say stylexp as well...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    my vote goes for style xp too.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Windowblinds Rules
    I use windowblinds since windows 95 4 years back
    style xp is 4 loosers
    here is my lovable desktop i just windowblinds

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by silverccrow@4 August 2003 - 13:19
    Windowblinds Rules
    I use windowblinds since windows 95 4 years back
    style xp is 4 loosers
    here is my lovable desktop i just windowblinds
    you stuck in the ice age my friend...win 95 and the resource hogging windowblinds?
    jesus i dont no about you but i cant wait 4 my computer to take 40 mins to boot up when i turn it on...lol...wot a hoot

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    I used to use Windowblinds but I found it buggy and using up resources. I made a thread about this a week or two ago, let me dig it up.

Here --&#62; http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...ST&f=30&t=55629

I suggest the Lightstar thing mentioned I use it now, of course make a backup of your DLL file just in case.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    chalkmongoose
    Originally posted by Skank@4 August 2003 - 00:47
    Style xp is by far the better of the 2 programs..thats just my opinion though...i dont no if im allowed 2 say this but hopefully the mods wont come crashing down on me..look for the cracked version on kazaa..its a lot better whn u dont have to reinstall it when the trial version runs out

PS: sorry mods if i over stepped the line...its a pretty fine line at that dnt u think?
    I&#39;d say you&#39;re about to be arrested for not reading the FAQ. You can say "go find a crack" you just can&#39;t post one yourself. Remember, the TOS here is the TOS from Invision Boards.
    And use StyleXP, it works much better than WindowBlinds... And on a Windows 95 machine, you probably wouldn&#39;t notice the resource hogging since 95 doesn&#39;t use any resources

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast