Thread: 800mb Cd's

i need to find some cheap 800mb Cd's for the Vice City .bin and .cue files becuase they are about 770mb each CD.

i found some but that work out about £3 (or $5) each. now i pay about 10p (about a 1/4) for 700mb CD's. this seems odd that they can jump so much.

can anyone help

2. Games   -   #2
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Before you go buying 800MB CD's just for that, you should try writting them to 700MB CD's as more often than not the actual file size is alot larger than the CD content stored within (E.G. A .bin file might be 800MB but could just contain 700MB of CD data and the other 100MB would be information needed by the writter to write it back to CD)

Try loading the .cue file into your writter (i'd recommend using Alcohol 120% as that will tell you how much space it requires on the CD) and see if it will write to a 700MB CD first :-)

Sniper.

3. Games   -   #3
    o, ok.

i have never used .bin, .cue or .iso before so i am new to all this.

i don't want that 120% thing i have nero and i really like that.

i have load of CD's anyway so if one fucks up it's not that bad

one thing, when you drag the cue over and choose 'burn image' then when it is finished you drag the .bin and choose 'burn image'. now when that is finished do i just put the CD back in and it will work like a normal game CD or do i need new software.

4. Games   -   #4
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Using Nero all you need to do is open Nero (using Nero Express is easier for doing this), select the option to burn a disc image, under the "files of types" option in a drop down box select "Image Files (*.nrg;*.iso;*.cue)" and then find the folder the games in, select the ".cue" file and it will automatically load the .bin file with it, then just select your write speed and burn it to CD :-)

When you put the game CD into your drive after it will autorun (unless you've disabled that option in which case just run the setup file from on the CD) and start installing, no extra software needed :-)

Sniper

5. Games   -   #5
    ok thanks alot, when i finish download Vice City i will try this on a 700mb CD and if it does not work i will get some 800mb CD's

thanks alot mate