Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about going on a trip to Europe..

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    I have always wanted to go to Europe and see Juno Beach, Paris, Mahchester (family lives there) and the netherlands. HOW DO I PLAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Help. I know I can fly to Manchester and stay with family, and then take a train from London to Paris. I know theres tour buses that go from Paris to Normandy and the Netherlands..

Anyways, I was wondering if theres anyone whos done something like this before. Places you have stayed, places to go, ect ect.
    Thanks.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    you're losing the best, the southern countries, like italy, spain and portugal. Those are the best for tourism at summer time.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    yup ...u can visit iTAly,sPain

but in netherlands is great two

and about Paris .wow...the city of art (Mona Lisa)

U can stay in hotels...or camp ...or never sleep ..just keep on movin`

i suggest a road trip all over Europe

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    saqib's Avatar Levels killing BT BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Smith View Post
    I have always wanted to go to Europe and see Juno Beach, Paris, Mahchester (family lives there) and the netherlands. HOW DO I PLAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Help. I know I can fly to Manchester and stay with family, and then take a train from London to Paris. I know theres tour buses that go from Paris to Normandy and the Netherlands..

Anyways, I was wondering if theres anyone whos done something like this before. Places you have stayed, places to go, ect ect.
    Thanks.
    u must have just watched " euro trip " , dont u

here's my appeal: don't let invites become a currency!
    ( courtesy .PolarBear )

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    fly to manchester, fly manchester to paris, then train it or fly paris to netherlands (depending on where in netherlands you want to go). Cheap flights are normally available from easyjet and ryanair, various websites also compare flight prices (e.g. pricerunner or kelkoo), but they usually leave some airlines out (especially easyjet) so sometimes they're useless.

If you want to explore more or stop off between your major destinations then you could take the train on the mainland, but i wouldn't use the train in britain as its too expensive, unless you particularly want to see london. The german train website lists train times and prices all over europe and you can get uk train info from www.nationalrail.co.uk

PErsonally when i've been travelling around i've stayed in youth hostels cos they're cheap and you meet people to liven your trip up. But it does mean staying in dorm style rooms and some people hate that. Its always a good idea to check youth hostels out online e.g. on hostels.com or hostelworld.com as the quality varies a shitload. Also I don't usually bother with the official YHA ones, although they're all of a high standard they're all boring as f*ck.

Edit - noticed you were looking for suggestions of where to go:
    Don't know if you have special reasons why you want to see juno beach or paris, but personally i'd ditch france, it has lovely countryside in the south and its got good beaches and surfing on the west coast, but for a short break you'll probably only see cities, and French ones are pretty gash.
    I've been pretty much all over northern, western and central europe and the cities i've liked the most are: Munich, Berlin, Goethenburg, Rome (vatican has some of the most impressive art and buildings in europe), Warsaw (although there isn't much to see/do here friendly people meant we really enjoyed it), Amsterdam is 'interesting', Krakow has Auschwitz nearby and is nice city but very touristy.
    Last edited by ilw; 03-05-2008 at 05:44 PM.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    I want to see juno beach because I'm canadian, and my grandpa was in the army. Its just something I really want to see. Amsterdam is something I would like to check out too, I hear the red light district is crazy lol

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    amsterdam ftw

leidseplein and the streets near it are quite nice, and about the only place to get a decent indian meal

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    We got prices for plane tickets yesterday, now im looking at hostels for amsterdam, brussels, france and possibly somewere in germany..suggestions?

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    It is my dream too ...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Ime traveling the lighter the better. 3-5 days worth of clothes at most.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast