Thread: Knife And Cog Method, Dangerous?

i was about to try the knife and cog but then i saw a site that says it will ruin the ps2 because u stress the tray moter and it could finnaly burn out or somthin likke that if anybosy uses thees methods please tell me if its safe thanx

2. Games   -   #2
    anyone?

3. Games   -   #3
    Yes, unless you don't mind shelling out the money for a new PS2 in a couple months, DO NOT use this method. It will royally screw up your PS2. Either get an external mod chip with a boot disc, or install an internal modchip.

4. Games   -   #4
    what about the slide card method

5. Games   -   #5
    Nope, that one isn't worth it either.

6. Games   -   #6
    can u explain how it is dangerous for the ps2 first tell how the knife trick is dangerous then tell me if the slide card is dangerous

7. Games   -   #7
    You can screw up the drive and some other stuff using that method. It's easier to just install a modchip and be done with it.

8. Games   -   #8
    can u please explain how it screws up the ps2 cause i reely dont wanna open the ps2

9. Games   -   #9
    anyone

10. Games   -   #10
    Please don't repeatedly bump this thread up. If people want to help you, they would.

Anyways, the cog-knife and the slide card are the same thing. Both can attempt to play PS2 backups, and both can destroy your PS2. I'm not gonna explain how it will break the system, but it will. Most tricks like that would break the PS2.

Your only options is to get a modchip, don't play backups at all, or return your PS2 and buy one with a modchip installed.