Thread: HD-Corea - Few questions

boloni's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Hello ,
    I'm a new member of HD-Corea and I thinkit is a really great High-Definition oriented site .
    I would like to know if someone is able to translate the Korean FAQs . I am esspecially interested in the different user's levels .
    Foe example I 'd like to know what is the condition to be there PU and what you get once you reach it .
    How the invite system is working there ?

Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    whiteyes's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Please visit their forum.
    There is an English section.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thanks ,
    I'll check it when they will back online !

OK , I've entered the english forum and got the paragraph below

Why the user's classes are DOWNLOAD dependent and not UPLOAD DEPENDENT ( SEE MARKED IN RED) .
    Is it a mistake or what ?

"What are the different user classes?

User
    The default class of new members.

Power User Can view torrent seeders, leechers and snatched list in torrent details, NFO files and request free leech on the torrent uploading. Must have been be a member for at least 4 weeks, have downloaded at least 100GB and have a ratio at or above 1.5. The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 1.2 at any time.

Elite User Can request free leech & set half leech on the torrent uploading. Must have been be a member for at least 8 weeks, have downloaded at least 400GB and have a ratio at or above 3.0.
    The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from this status if your ratio drops below 2.5 at any time.
    Last edited by boloni; 03-05-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    it could be either way, depending on how they like to set the rules. see by setting a minimum download and a ratio requirement, they're basicaly determining your minimum upload. it's abit crazy though, to have to require 1.2TB upload for elite user =p

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Thanks athenaesword ,
    It is OK to require a specific amount of upload for the different levels but why should I be limited on the download side ?
    I'm not going to download stuff that I don't need just because to reach a specific download level .
    It is much more simple to control the upload side by seeding torrents after you finish to dl it or uploading new torrents on the site .

For example , in this case if I just want to contribute to the site and I'm uploading 1.2T but downloading nothing I'll be a simple "user" although after 8 weeks of membership .

Cannot understand their logic ...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    DrParker's Avatar Pro Seeder BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    some trackers have strange system that is hard to understand..
    dont go crazy over it

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by boloni View Post
    Thanks athenaesword ,
    It is OK to require a specific amount of upload for the different levels but why should I be limited on the download side ?
    I'm not going to download stuff that I don't need just because to reach a specific download level .
    It is much more simple to control the upload side by seeding torrents after you finish to dl it or uploading new torrents on the site .

For example , in this case if I just want to contribute to the site and I'm uploading 1.2T but downloading nothing I'll be a simple "user" although after 8 weeks of membership .

Cannot understand their logic ...
    well i believe it's the same with HDbits.org there's a minimum you have to download. basically they want real users to get into higher levels, and by that i mean users who actually use the content on the site. with HD content really that amt is not that hard to download lol.

i could be wrong and maybe they just typed it wrong lol

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I (we) will know for sure what is going in few days since I've uploaded about 500G in 2 and half weeks and my download counts around 70G only .
    So , when I'll be a 3 weeks old user we'll see if I'll get in this condition a PU rank or not .

Now , when I'm thinking about it , there is an other "problem" . HD-Corea have a lot of freeleech stuff . Most of their stuff is FL . So even you have all the good intentions and download masses of bytes to your hard drive , the download is hardly count .
    So if the ranking is a function of the amount of data downloaded ( and counted) and not uploaded only , it would be very hard to reach the higher ranks .

I'll keep you updated !

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    first, I am a PU there and it might seem strange to have such a system
    Before, (about 2 months ago) the user level thingy was based on UPLOAD amount but like you've said, it was too easy(?) for users to reach such upload amount because there are plenty of freeleech stuff on site and many (I think most, including myself) have real fast internet connection. (100MBit up/down)

so there has been a long discussion within the forum among moderators and they've decided to base the rank on download instead... like athena pointed out, because you'll have to satisty both download and RATIO, you'd have had to upload just as much...

the site is still changing all the time with what rules works the best for the local HD fans...
    they even kicked out users with no forum posts at the start of this year.. (kick out non-participating leechers!) (of course, the ops had informed this rule about a months before)...has any other tracker done this kind of thing??