Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lunchtime racism

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    So there I am sitting in the canteen, eating my soup, reading a newsaper when all of a sudden my 3 colleagues decide to go a rant about how those damn illegal immigrants should all be sent back to their own countries straight away and how the ones that are legal but aren't working and their families should be kicked out as well.

They then went on to say that they should definitely not be allowed to wear any cultural headgear (or, as it was stated 'those rags around their heids'), shouldn't get council houses until all the Brits were getting free houses first and how they should be forced to pay for health care instead of getting it free.

Of course, then they went on to say that myself and the guy who runs the Pakinstani shop around the corner are ok.

When the conversation was brought up by my pal this afternoon, our manager failed to see what the problem was, as obviously the remarks weren't aimed at me. They were obviously talking about people with a different skintone with no money and no complete grasp of the English language.

Please tell me, when did it become appropriate to spew disgusting racist opinions in the work place?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    I don't mind at all that your an illegal immigrant.

In fact I quite like it.
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    CrabGirl's Avatar Sexpest
    They do it because no one objects and think it's socially acceptable amongst their peers. I used to work in a larger call centre and I used to hear so much shit about "fucking paki's not being able to speak English" "refugees should be kicked out" and general displeasure about black people. When I complained thinking the company, who would issue frequent inclusion public statements, did next to nothing.

Thinking about it I should have escalated it to over my bosses heads and taken it to the union but I didn't. I just brought in pictures of my brown nephew and niece, and let it be known that my mother was a refugee to this country. This stopped it in my immediate vicinity but did little to change the general attitude of people. One of the major culprits later got a job on the front desk at the Job Centre - fucking bigoted witch she was.

Stand up and say something to your bosses, and if they don't listen, tell their bosses, and if you have no joy there take it further. Don't tolerate it and let people know you won't tolerate it.
    This pump dispenses gasoline, a fossil fuel. People who believe fossils are not real should put something else in their tanks.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    There's never any racism at my workplace.
    Because i'm the only one there.

They sound like a bunch of bell-ends skweeky.
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Should have joined in and said "Yeah I heard that a lot of them are Catholic Muslims too...

...well it is the West of Scotland
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    I just say something like "Stop making racist comments, no I amn't joking, stop it now."
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

7. Lounge   -   #7
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    i would have took off all my close and started running around with my lunchbox screaming "all immigrants in here" then start humping my bosses leg just to make sure he new i just went "coo-coo"

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by dedro View Post
    i would have took off all my close and started running around with my lunchbox screaming "all immigrants in here" then start humping my bosses leg just to make sure he new i just went "coo-coo"
    As a rule, that is not a generally recognised procedure here.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dedro View Post
    As a rule, that is not a generally recognised procedure here.
    homophobe.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. Lounge   -   #10
    dedro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    ok biggles i respect what your saying but guys say some harsh things in here. just being a goofball....
    i would have just went nuts on the guys. i have mixed family so i need to protect them even when they are not around. you put up with what you put up with and i would not

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast