Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Optical Mouse Still On When Pc Off!

Just bought a new motherboard. Installed windows and everything else again for the new board. However when i shut down my optical mouse stays lit up?!?!?!? Everything else is off apart from this. It is connected via ps/2 and Im running XP, anything I can do to make it turn off to??

Thanx in advance aintgottime

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Originally posted by aintgottime@4 August 2003 - 02:28
    Just bought a new motherboard. Installed windows and everything else again for the new board. However when i shut down my optical mouse stays lit up?!?!?!? Everything else is off apart from this. It is connected via ps/2 and Im running XP, anything I can do to make it turn off to??

It's always happened with mine.
    I thought it was meant to be like that.
    It won't really waste any power, so I'm not bothered about it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    It's probably a battery powered light.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If it has batteries then it wont turn off unless you take batteries off. If it is connected to your computer for power too then you can just shut off the power supply it will shut off.
    It doesnt really matter if its on though!
    <span style='color:black'> I am a part of all that I have met - Lord Tennyson</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Try not to let your mind wander...it is too small and fragile to be out by itself</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    definately batterys if it optical

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sorry&#33; is it cordless? coz im wrong if it aint

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    its not cordless&#33; If I run it via USB it turns off, but via ps/2 it dont&#33;

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Are you actually turning the computer off or just going into hibernation or standby? If the computer is shut down completely, there should be no power to the PS/2 inputs or any connector other than the power switch.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by aintgottime@4 August 2003 - 01:28
    Just bought a new motherboard. Installed windows and everything else again for the new board. However when i shut down my optical mouse stays lit up?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;? Everything else is off apart from this. It is connected via ps/2 and Im running XP, anything I can do to make it turn off to??

mine does that too

it&#39;s normal

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    a proper shut down for the last time. i think it maybe cos i have keyboard power on for the keyboard, so maybe the board leaves power going to both mouse and keyboard&#33;

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast