Thread: seedbox question

reno55's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    On a windows server 2003 box how can i keep utorrent running after disconnecting remote desktop? If i do log off it kills the utorrent process and shuts it down...if i just do disconnect from remote desktop it keeps it running but then if i log in again it kills it until i restart it...can someone help?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    If you disconnect Remote Desktop Access, nothing happens with the seedbox. It will keep running.
    When you login again nothing happens either, everything remains the same until you do something.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thank you..rookie seedboxer here..can ya tell?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    If you choose log off when you go to close the desktop session it will log you off as a user on the server and terminate all running processes, if you just close the remote desktop however it simply disconnects you from the server leaving the user logged on. You then have to simply reconnect to that session, everything will still be running if however you reconnect and log on again, then the previous session will be logged off, this is what I think is happening to you.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Artemis that is exactly what is happening to me how do i fix?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Control alt end then task manager.
    Then users.log of/disconect any users that arnt u.
    then on desktop also go to properties and screensaver.
    then make sure the box by wait minutes is checked...then ul neva be logged out even wen it idles.but utorrent will always run even wen u log out.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    dont log off just hit the x in the right corner thats what i do to mine and it runs all night dont log out
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    No im telling him to log of any users wat r not him.
    Smtimes if u idle out and log back in again u will have the previous session still running but not no about it,this is y if u do what i said u can see the users logged in.