Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Switching Seedboxes Help

WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Hi, as you may know I already have a Vectoral seedbox. Now paying $100+ per month is starting to get too much for me. I love their service but the speeds aren't always up to 2MB/s and the thing that bothers me most is you have to pay for their bandwidth. Right now I have 3TB traffic but I would like to have more because every month I almost max out the traffic. So I am now looking for another seedbox. I am looking for unlimited traffic, 60-120GB hard disk space and I'm willing to pay between $35-$50/month. I heard about hosting-ie and rapid switch, got mixed reviews from both of them. Any other suggestions? Which one do you think may fit my needs? Thanks again for all of your help.
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Rapidswitch i would go with.
    will be a lil more than wat ur willing to pay tho.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    $35-50 why even bother looking your not going to find it. You might need to expand your upper end by 20 or so.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Most of the mixed reviews with hosting are to do with setup times, since they are a reseller of keyweb it can sometimes take awhile before the server is set up. I have had a hosting-ie server for 6months now and have no complaints. Any issues have been resolved very fast and the data throughput is definitely alot more than 3tb per month.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Wormtail's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90BT Rep +90
    OVH, if you buy a server there with 1gb ram, you will get 11mb/s of upload easily

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormtail View Post
    OVH, if you buy a server there with 1gb ram, you will get 11mb/s of upload easily
    I'm also thinking of changing to OVH ( I'm with leaseweb right now but 1GB RAM is just not enough for me... ). I have a friend in the UK that might buy it for me and then give me the login data. Thing is I heard they make some sort of TS that ruins the speeds after a certain point... that is when your traffic is coming/going outside of France.

Could anyone that is with them confirm this? I mean, someone that is not using them in France?

Cheers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    WhiteWizard20's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    So it's either Hosting-Ie or OVH that I will go with. I'm looking at these choices.

Hosting-Ie:
    http://hosting-ie.com/content/view/34/75/, the first one.

OVH:
    http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/kimsufi.xml

I heard that ovh.uk does not sell to US residents. Is that true?
    Leaving FST for awhile. Will be active on 1 or 2 private trackers and will still use a seedbox. Thanks to all the members who helped me along the way.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You just have to use a fake address to get an account there. Once you have an account you can pay like normal.
    See ya in another life, brother.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I can highly recomend the hosting-ie raptor 5. Thats what I use and easily up 150-200 GB a day if the torrents are good. Get speeds up to 11 mB/s on a vps!!. Average is around 7-8.

Hope this helps

Jon

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    You just have to use a fake address to get an account there. Once you have an account you can pay like normal.
    How exactly do you pay for it. Surely if you use your visa tied to your home address on the other side of the world there's clearly gonna be some suspicion occurring if not by visa by them and if they suspect something surely they'll cap the speeds like I've heard they do for non specific country users.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    I can highly recomend the hosting-ie raptor 5. Thats what I use and easily up 150-200 GB a day if the torrents are good. Get speeds up to 11 mB/s on a vps!!. Average is around 7-8.

Hope this helps

Jon
    I think you lucked out. I doubt the average vps sharing with 4 other people is gonna yield those kinds of results especially if they're doing the same thing. Those are the results you get with a dedicated line.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast