Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvd Burner

hey_suburbia's Avatar Poster
    Hey,

I'm going to buy a DVD-Burner soon and I just wanted to know if anybody has any recommendations.

-What brand
    -External or Internal
    -Most compatible
    -Any tips/websites/stores

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Octopussy
    ahoy umm brand....im not sure but dont get external they cost too much for the samething try www.half.com and umm how about sony? they have good dvd burners

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by Octopussy@3 August 2003 - 18:57
    ahoy umm brand....im not sure but dont get external they cost too much for the samething try www.half.com and umm how about sony? they have good dvd burners
    I would recommend external for people that did not have anymore slots to add a DVD/CD burner.

As I plan to purchase an external one after I buy a extra hard drive and RAM...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Octopussy
    if you dont have extra slots forexample if u have a cdrom and a cd writer, you take out the cd writer and put the dvd burner on that slot since the dvd burner can burn cds and dvds

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    u could get a good HP internal dvd burner from any major store like circuit city or bestbuy.

proud to be american

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by NightStalker+3 August 2003 - 20:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 3 August 2003 - 20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Octopussy@3 August 2003 - 18:57
    I would recommend external for people that did not have anymore slots to add a DVD/CD burner.

As I plan to purchase an external one after I buy a extra hard drive and RAM... [/b][/quote]
    It would be a lot cheaper to get a new case with more 5.25in bays than to buy an external drive.

@hey_suburbia - there&#39;s another thread asking exactly the same question if you care to search.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    I recommend going to www.dvdrhelp.com and look around there. I think the most useful place for you would be to go to the website i just mentioned and on the menu on the left hand side, look in DVDR and DVD Writers but i think the forum and web shopping would also help

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    *Grunt*
    I would recomend a multi burner (one that supports both +and - media. Such as the Sony DRU 510

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Neo 721@4 August 2003 - 17:44
    I would recomend a multi burner (one that supports both +and - media.&nbsp; Such as the Sony DRU 510
    I would too. It depends on the budget you have to spend on a burner. The Sony DRU 510 is one of the middle-ranged burner (by price, not performance). Once again, the DVD Writer section of www.dvdrhelp.com enables you to choose which formats it can support.

EDIT: I do sound like a walking advertisement for the website, don&#39;t I.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I would recommend the Sony or the NEC that support both DVD+/-R/RW. Pioneer have released one like this for £145 EIDE recently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast